OT: Cool technology/gadgets

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
A forum with less ads on them would be cool ..........

Interesting, I hear that from a few posters. Not sure what's different from my account (or devices I use) vs a few others. I know it has nothing to do with me being a mod, bc I've never had ads on this site. Literally I see zero ads or pop ups.

What devices do you use to access HFB typically? I use iphone, ipad and my PC. Do you use or have any pop up blocker on your PC?

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
For the cilantro lover I recommend this little fellow. Volcano vaporizer, its a little expensive but our friends gave us one and we love it.

1721312674642.png

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
So bought a new to me motorcycle got the audio setup with Bluetooth adapter, usb connector to charge it or the phone, handle bar phone holder works great. Except for one thing my 100 dollar gloves aren't touch screen compatible :laugh: its always something.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
So bought a new to me motorcycle got the audio setup with Bluetooth adapter, usb connector to charge it or the phone, handle bar phone holder works great. Except for one thing my 100 dollar gloves aren't touch screen compatible :laugh: its always something.
I'm impressed with the audio systems some bikes have, very loud.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
I'm impressed with the audio systems some bikes have, very loud.
They need to be lol my exhaust will wake the dead. I've never had a bike with a stereo it's awesome.

I have to upgrade the stereo yet once riding season is done I need to take the fairing apart drill out the saddlebags for speaker adapters. New 600 watt marine amp 4 new 6.5 marine speakers. It's been decades since I've been into car stereos.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
They need to be lol my exhaust will wake the dead. I've never had a bike with a stereo it's awesome.

I have to upgrade the stereo yet once riding season is done I need to take the fairing apart drill out the saddlebags for speaker adapters. New 600 watt marine amp 4 new 6.5 marine speakers. It's been decades since I've been into car stereos.
Very cool

I used to race dirt bikes when I was much younger (life time ago) purely amateur for a 2-3 years, but never forget how to ride. I jumped on a dirt bike after not being on for 25-30 years and it was like I had never stopped I loved it. But dirt bike riding might not be the wisest decision for me now, at my age but I love bikes. I talk to my neighbor about his often when he's working on it.

SUX2BU

User of an ad-infested forum
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Interesting, I hear that from a few posters. Not sure what's different from my account (or devices I use) vs a few others. I know it has nothing to do with me being a mod, bc I've never had ads on this site. Literally I see zero ads or pop ups.

What devices do you use to access HFB typically? I use iphone, ipad and my PC. Do you use or have any pop up blocker on your PC?

I mainly use my iphone and a Dell laptop when at work (they won't appreciate an ad blocker either)

You can have it for the LOW LOW price of $12

what, this forum ? (yes, I know a sponsorship fee) :sarcasm:

I would hope that with system upgrades on here, this would be addressed.

anyways ........ end of rant

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I mainly use my iphone and a Dell laptop when at work (they won't appreciate an ad blocker either)

what, this forum ? (yes, I know a sponsorship fee) :sarcasm:

I would hope that with system upgrades on here, this would be addressed.

anyways ........ end of rant
For the record I've never been a sponsor of the site and never had ad pop ups. Have you tried clearing your cache?

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Mods have perma sponsorships. It's your pay :P

I was talking before I was a mod, but yeh we're compensated so much for the enjoyment of being a mod. :)

I know you know of what I speak and why you quit the role. Summer is the worst time of year as a mod. IMO

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I was talking before I was a mod, but yeh we're compensated so much for the enjoyment of being a mod. :)

I know you know of what I speak and why you quit the role. Summer is the worst time of year as a mod. IMO
With the pop up of some new discussion topics, it's almost like you guys got together and decided that we need more things to talk about so we don't end up re-hashing the same old contentious topics or something lol

Reactions: macmaroon

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
With the pop up of some new discussion topics, it's almost like you guys got together and decided that we need more things to talk about so we don't end up re-hashing the same old contentious topics or something lol
Damn, your a mind reader!!!

Haha

In reality, summer is slow always for hockey/Jets fans so we try to give things for people to talk about bc generally there is no new news through the majority of the summer. So your kind of right but not totally. I think we all wish there was more new news on the Jets through the summer, but meh it is what it is. We would all rather talk hockey of course. :(

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I just picked up a portable 4k HDR OLED monitor for my laptop / Steam Deck, and my Lord in heaven, it is amazing how light it is and how crisp the picture is. 15.6", and I shit you not, 1.5 pounds.

I'd set it up but I'm too scared to take it out of its case until I know the cats are in a different room :)

Damn, your a mind reader!!!

Haha

In reality, summer is slow always for hockey/Jets fans so we try to give things for people to talk about bc generally there is no new news through the majority of the summer. So your kind of right but not totally. I think we all wish there was more new news on the Jets through the summer, but meh it is what it is. We would all rather talk hockey of course. :(

I think these threads are fantastic ideas, these are the threads that build our group of fans into a tighter community. I for one think that's fantastic.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I just picked up a portable 4k HDR OLED monitor for my laptop / Steam Deck, and my Lord in heaven, it is amazing how light it is and how crisp the picture is. 15.6", and I shit you not, 1.5 pounds.

I'd set it up but I'm too scared to take it out of its case until I know the cats are in a different room :)

I think these threads are fantastic ideas, these are the threads that build our group of fans into a tighter community. I for one think that's fantastic.
Oh sexy monitor, i also was looking at a new monitor (36" for my PC) but I have a hard time justifying it to myself when my employer pays for my monitor at home now (24"). If they ever force me back into the office full time or take away my monitor I might be buying a 36" monitor or bigger.

Reactions: John Agar

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Oh sexy monitor, i also was looking at a new monitor (36" for my PC) but I have a hard time justifying it to myself when my employer pays for my monitor at home now (24"). If they ever force me back into the office full time or take away my monitor I might be buying a 36" monitor or bigger.

My employer covers a lot of hardware that are absolutely essentials. Brand spanking new Mac Studio when it came out, MacBook Pro for travel. But luxury items I'm still gonna foot the bill myself. Even if I could strong-arm my boss into covering it, like why abuse a good thing? Half of its use is gonna be for video games anyways :)

Reactions: John Agar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad