Connor McMichael - The real deal or hot start?

Thierry

May 30, 2006
Montreal
I remember last year reading the praise of Connor McMichael by Caps fan so I was intrigued. I looked at his hockeydb and nothing that special. Then, I watch a bunch of games and I wasn't impressed for a 22-year-old. I was thinking he could be a 3rd line centre at best which is good considering he's a 25th overall, but I didn't think he would achieve that.

Now, he's 8 in 6 and I watched one game (I know, small sample) and he was very dynamic and involved, I was really surprised! I doubt he'll sustain a ppg ratio for the whole year and maybe he'll never get there in his career, but does he have more to offer than I think? What is his ceiling? I feel like I was wrong to think it was 3rd line centre.

Reactions: BallardEra

Jun 15, 2007
He had an amazing d+1 year and I was convinced he was gonna be a star.

He had a good rookie season.

Then for whatever reason he was in and out of the lineup and struggled for the next couple years.

IMO he is now where I expected him to be. Finally.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Based on my limited understanding of him, he always had the tools to be a top 6 forward. Like a lot of players, his development was not perfectly linear. Now he’s looking like a top 6 player!

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
A bit of both. I always thought he was a steal at 25. I think he's finally finding his game and grown into that body. I hope he does well. Probably a 60-70 point type of guy

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I’ve been a fan of his for a while, glad to see him take off, wish my team would have went after him. Clever player with a great shot and finishing ability.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad