Connor McDavid vs Jack Eichel - Round V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Eichel doesn't get hurt and we all knew how McDavid would get bounced around out there as he isn't anywhere near the specimen that Eichel is. :cry:

Just like to take a moment and point out that this is not a Sabres fan either. What happened to McD was a freak accident and caused by crappy ice. Hope he recovers quickly.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Eichel doesn't get hurt...

Well, at least you can hang your Eichel hat on something... because it hasn't been his play.

Eichel doesn't get hurt and we all knew how McDavid would get bounced around out there as he isn't anywhere near the specimen that Eichel is. :cry:

Posters ask why there is so much negativity from McDavid fans towards Eichel, it is this (type of) post. This is the type of garbage we heard from SOME Eichel fans, over and over again (prior to the draft), and is the reason for the venom. Next time you wonder why McDavid fans take pleasure in Eichel's slow start, think of the post above.

To our credit, we would never take pleasure in Eichel getting hurt.

Had to come back for one quick post...

After seeing the play, I'm glad it's JUST his shoulder. With a little less luck, it could have been really bad. He could have broken his neck. The fact that there was no penalty on the play was a disgrace. When a D-Man is literally holding your pants and another one coming over like a missile... :shakehead.

If the NHL doesn't find a way to protect its best and brightest, this League will be garbage. Hopefully, the League will count its blessing (that it is only his shoulder) and protect the kid going forward.

If he doesn't come back until late December, let him play at the WJR's as a warm up.

I won't be watching until McDavid comes back - and maybe not even then.

Last edited by a moderator:

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
If he doesn't come back until late December, let him play at the WJR's as a warm up.

I won't be watching until McDavid comes back - and maybe not even then.[/QUOTE]

I haven't been so excited about the NHL in years, I've watched the Oilers play as much as possible even though a Red Wing fan. What a disappointment.

Get well soon.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Well, at least you can hang your Eichel hat on something... because it hasn't been his play.

Posters ask why there is so much negativity from McDavid fans towards Eichel, it is this (type of) post. This is the type of garbage we heard from SOME Eichel fans, over and over again (prior to the draft), and is the reason for the venom. Next time you wonder why McDavid fans take pleasure in Eichel's slow start, think of the post above.

To our credit, we would never take pleasure in Eichel getting hurt.

Had to come back for one quick post...

After seeing the play, I'm glad it's JUST his shoulder. With a little less luck, it could have been really bad. He could have broken his neck. The fact that there was no penalty on the play was a disgrace. When a D-Man is literally holding your pants and another one coming over like a missile... :shakehead.

If the NHL doesn't find a way to protect its best and brightest, this League will be garbage. Hopefully, the League will count its blessing (that it is only his shoulder) and protect the kid going forward.

Taking that one guys joke post as justification for self described venom is all that needs to be said of the idiocy of ppl on this thread.

Captain Holt

Fun? I was never fun! You take that back
Jul 10, 2013
Buffalo

Yeah cuz if I'm Edmonton the first thing I want is Jesus Christ himself playing meaningless (in the grand scheme of things) WJC games. He's got nothing left to prove in junior. They'll put him right back out there and let him "warm up" with Puliot and Yak.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Taking that one guys joke post as justification for self described venom is all that needs to be said of the idiocy of ppl on this thread.

The fact that you would justify his post by referring to it as a "joke", speak volumes. As I said, that kind of post, when the 2 were even younger than they are now, whether you like it or not, is the trigger for all the bile that followed.

Posters have asked, "Why the venom?", you have your answer.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
Glad you added "usually" to that statement otherwise I would completely disagree. As it is I only strongly disagree. Knowing how to win means playing each game with in a way that will allow you to do so. For an individual that takes time and of course talent.

Looking back I realize I misread the post that I was responding to, as dismissing McDavid as being "flashy" while suggesting that Eichel may have more of the qualities necessary to lead his team to a Cup. I'm a fan of Eichel and want him to succeed, but would make a hypocrite of myself if he were to win a Cup first and I were to use that as justification of him being the better player. I value individual achievements like the Art Ross and Hart and try to differentiate between "better/best" and "more accomplished".

Current season aside I believe Crosby to be a better and more talented player than Toews. Toews however has had more postseason success. Some interpret this as the result of Toews being the better player, or having more will to win, while personally I think factors like quality of linemates and depth of team have more to do with a player's success in the current NHL than any individual's ability to single-handedly lead his team to success.

So, for me, Buffalo or Edmonton winning the Cup first doesn't make one the better player than the other, unless he has the individual achievements and stats to back it up. The important thing for Sabres and Oilers fans is that BOTH guys are good enough to build around and potentially win a Cup with. The best player in the world has won 1 of the last 10 Cups, while playing with another guy many consider to be a top-5 player. You can win with a Toews, a Kopitar, a Zetterberg, a Bergeron. Both franchises now have a guy who projects to be on or above that level. That's something to get excited about and I wish Sabres and Oilers fans would show a little more solidarity, realizing that a lot of the jabs and pot shots are coming from other fanbases and not each other.

/end of rambling

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
McDavid fans would never take pleasure in Eichel getting hurt. I guess that's just us.

You're interpreting a post from one individual, who I believe is a Blackhawks fan, in the most malicious way possible and then using that to 1) generalize a group of people and 2) reinforce a dichotomy between "Eichel fans" and "McDavid fans", as if this is Twilight or some sort of teenage drama where we need to take sides.

Some of us enjoy watching them both and do so whenever we can. No wonder this thread gets so ugly at times.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Anyway, I don't want to get pulled back into all the garbage. Again, I'm just glad he's okay and it isn't his neck because it could have been a lot worse.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

You're interpreting a post from one individual, who I believe is a Blackhawks fan, in the most malicious way possible.

Everyone took it that way. It would be hard to read it any other way.

and then using that to 1) generalize a group of people and 2) reinforce a dichotomy between "Eichel fans" and "McDavid fans", as if this is Twilight or some sort of teenage drama where we need to take sides.

Some of us enjoy watching them both and do so whenever we can. No wonder this thread gets so ugly at times.

That's fair and you are right, I should NOT have directed it at all Eichel fans. My bad. I apologize.

My point was to explain why McDavid fans took so much pleasure in Eichel's slow start - and that post explains it better than any other.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Is this a revised version of "Shoulda sent him back to juniors?"

I was the poster who suggested the WJR's originally and, if he is out until late December, I still think it is a good idea. No slight intended.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The McDavid injury might help Eichel by taking some of the ridiculous pressure off of him.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
Everyone took it that way. It would be hard to read it any other way.

That's fair and you are right, I should NOT have directed it at all Eichel fans. My bad. I apologize.

My point was to explain why McDavid fans took so much pleasure in Eichel's slow start - and that post explains it better than any other.

Fair enough, thanks. And agreed with the above, good thing it wasn't his neck. He's a joy to watch and as frustrating as this is for Oilers fans, it probably won't matter in the grand scheme of things. The Calder isn't the end of the world, and playoffs weren't likely this year anyway.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Fair enough, thanks. And agreed with the above, good thing it wasn't his neck. He's a joy to watch and as frustrating as this is for Oilers fans, it probably won't matter in the grand scheme of things. The Calder isn't the end of the world, and playoffs weren't likely this year anyway.

Agree. As you said, the Calder matters not one bit.

If nothing (else) good comes from this, at least this silly thread will go away. That, and the fact that it was not his neck.

Good luck to young Mr. McDavid. I am done.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I love watching McDavid play -- as a fan of all things hockey, I hope he has a full and speedy recovery.

Velo

Jan 10, 2012
What pressure is that? Now with McDavid injured the spotlight is completely on him. I believe that would add more pressure.
The pressure to keep pace with McDavid, stats wise. Now Eichel won't have to deal with the constant game-by-game comparisons to McDavid and hopefully that will loosen him up a bit.

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
The pressure to keep pace with McDavid, stats wise. Now Eichel won't have to deal with the constant game-by-game comparisons to McDavid and hopefully that will loosen him up a bit.

So you're saying Eichel can't play well under pressure? :sarcasm:

lawrence

May 19, 2012

very true.

a lot of the Eichel supporters, not necessary sabres fans, but the ones that was just Eichel >>>>> McDavid (probably because they are americans) ones have since stopped replying for a while now.

I think now that he is out, you are right. this thread will kind of die down, will be a little easier for them to just drop by, and there won't be much here anyways i hope, It be kinda stupid to brag about Jack at this point since Connor is hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad