Player Discussion Connor McDavid Part III | UPD: Will Play Tuesday!!!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Being younger he will heal quite faster so he will be easily ready to go late first week of January, definitely the second week but management will make sure its the middle of January knowing he is the Oilers future.

At least he will be in great skating condition when he enters the lineup once again. A definite bonus.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Numerous reporters,analysts and insiders to the team(just from me hearing interviews on NHL on Sirius) say at the earliest he will be back is during their final 3 game road trip before the all star break. They also say if he cannot start the road trip and play all three, they will just sit him until after just so he can have that extra time during the break

I hope that's not the case, but where there's smoke there's fire and I have heard this 5-6 times in the last week. I think guys who are thinking first week of January will be disappointed, including myself.

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
I have a hard time believing that after already skating for ~2 weeks he still needs basically another month before he returns.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
The Oilers are smarter this yearyear with the media. They are probably just telling anybody who asks a further timeline than they think so they don't get anybody expectations up.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Yeah I don't see how he can be skating and shooting now and still need another month to recover.

Not to mention that pretty much every step of the way the Oilers have lied to us about his progress. Reports were that he was skating, word from the team is he's not. Then we find out he's been skating for two weeks. They tell us he's not shooting, fans report that he is, next night there's video out of him shooting.

I don't think we're going to get a straight answer out of the team until the day that he's absolutely ready to come back.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
There is literally no reason to give a date. I mean Klefbom was expected back for Mondays game and when he didn't I and probably most Oiler fans were disappointed and annoyed.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
They won't tell the media I agree and why should they. It's the doctors and medical staff decision and it will be a surprise to some people when they do announce his return.

Look at the points he put up with this pathetic team and compare him to the rookies under the age of 22 and we're allowed to be excited as Oiler fans come January. The agony without him on the team.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Hopefully they take as long as needed.

This org already has a bad rep for rushing players back from injury.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
The bottom line is they will wait until the doctors give the go ahead, I can't imagine that will be in another month. As mentioned, how has he been skating for 2 weeks. I mean even skating could mean he falls, or slides into the boards. So it already shows the doctors see he is mostly healed.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Yeah I don't see how he can be skating and shooting now and still need another month to recover.

Not to mention that pretty much every step of the way the Oilers have lied to us about his progress. Reports were that he was skating, word from the team is he's not. Then we find out he's been skating for two weeks. They tell us he's not shooting, fans report that he is, next night there's video out of him shooting.

I don't think we're going to get a straight answer out of the team until the day that he's absolutely ready to come back.

Masters of misinformation.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
This isn't Chia's first rodeo. He knows how to manipulate and massage the media. He'll feed them what he wants to feed them and nothing else to get them off his back. I think McD's return date is going to surprise a lot of people.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
No benefit to announcing hell be back early and then not deliver.

As in the business world:

Its better to under promise and over deliver then over promise and under deliver

McDeathbyCheerios*

This isn't Chia's first rodeo. He knows how to manipulate and massage the media. He'll feed them what he wants to feed them and nothing else to get them off his back. I think McD's return date is going to surprise a lot of people.
Yep. They rather surprise everyone with a quicker recovery then promise them something they can't guarantee.

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
It'll be good to see him play, regardless of when he returns.
With Crosby seemingly taking this season off, McDavid can be the hero this league deserves. Bring a few stadiums to their feet, rattle some rafters.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I feel like I've forgotten that the Oilers have this kid on their team. That video reminds you that McDavid is going to be special, he's going to bring the house down once he gets back into the swing of things.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Heading into the Christmas break and looking like we're no more than a month away from getting McDavid back, I must say I'm happy, surprised and content that we're only three points back of a playoff spot.

If we can stay within the 3-5 points from a playoff spot until McDavid returns then we're good. We've played .500 hockey since Connor went down, that's pretty impressive if you ask me. I honestly thought once he went down that we were ****ed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad