Value of: Comtois (ANA), McBain (MIN) to EDM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
He's speculating that Minnesota we would be open to trading him while Russo who covers wild says he signing. If you listen to the video , clearly he says wild are contenders and would be open to traffic him in a package

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
MN's ability to burn a year for McBain, their need for ELC C's(especially ones with size), and Guerin being a BC alum would seemingly give MN an advantage in signing him. He is exactly what they need in a prospect right now, and going into the next three years.
Seems speculative by Marek, with no real insight into the situation. Should EDM want him from MN, it would cost something they don't want to part with. EDM would be better off trying to get a wing...they are easier to find. They don't need a C, with RNH, Drai, McDavid, and maybe Holloway in the near future.

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Assuming minnasota can’t figure out how to make fiala work at draft, I’d prob want to package comtois + 1st(potentially from Rakell/Manson/lindholm trade or ours with protection ) + 3rd piece for fiala

Ana:
Fiala

Minn:
Comtois
1st(protected)
Prospect / steel

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
McBain at his age of 22 would need to do a 2 year elc. Is he a guy who is likely to tear it up at the nhl level next season? He was under a ppg in the ncaa for his first 3 seasons til now in his senior year. This isn’t a guy who is likely to get a $3 mill or more deal after 1 year as a pro based on what he’s done so far. I would doubt the difference between doing a 2 year elc vs what he could get after burning a year of elc this season is going to be that different.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Assuming minnasota can’t figure out how to make fiala work at draft, I’d prob want to package comtois + 1st(potentially from Rakell/Manson/lindholm trade or ours with protection ) + 3rd piece for fiala

Ana:
Fiala

Minn:
Comtois
1st(protected)
Prospect / steel
I actually don't mind that depending on where the 1st is

Reactions: MK9

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I actually don't mind that depending on where the 1st is
Fiala is tough cause it looks like it’ll be nearly impossible for you guys to fit him in. Boldy has looked like a stud and I imagine Rossi is going to be awesome next year, so getting a few cost controlled assets, while continuing to build your roster wouldn’t be worst case…. Best case is obviously not losing fiala… but that seems like a low chance

Reactions: BuiumSaveUs

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Fiala is tough cause it looks like it’ll be nearly impossible for you guys to fit him in. Boldy has looked like a stud and I imagine Rossi is going to be awesome next year, so getting a few cost controlled assets, while continuing to build your roster wouldn’t be worst case…. Best case is obviously not losing fiala… but that seems like a low chance
Fiala is a RFA so if they need to move him in the off season then that is when they move him. Need him to make a run this season before the next 3 years of double digit dead cap.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Fiala is a RFA so if they need to move him in the off season then that is when they move him. Need him to make a run this season before the next 3 years of double digit dead cap.
Oh ya I was thinking draft too… minnasota needs to keep fiala for playoff run and see what kind of damage they can do

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
McBain at his age of 22 would need to do a 2 year elc. Is he a guy who is likely to tear it up at the nhl level next season? He was under a ppg in the ncaa for his first 3 seasons til now in his senior year. This isn’t a guy who is likely to get a $3 mill or more deal after 1 year as a pro based on what he’s done so far. I would doubt the difference between doing a 2 year elc vs what he could get after burning a year of elc this season is going to be that different.
Any player and agent will tell you that they would hitting RFA, and eventually, UFA, status one year sooner is preferable.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN

Ana:
Fiala

Minn:
Comtois
1st(protected)
Prospect / steel
Suck for the rest of the year, and then we'll talk. :thumbu:

Quality over quantity prospects are always more appealing. Comtois and Steel strike me as players that won't really be missed from ANA when they're gone....MN has those types.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Ana:
Fiala

Minn:
Comtois
1st(protected)
Prospect / steel

I'm actually pretty intrigued

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Suck for the rest of the year, and then we'll talk. :thumbu:

Quality over quantity prospects are always more appealing. Comtois and Steel strike me as players that won't really be missed from ANA when they're gone....MN has those types.
Well steel sure… comtois did lead the team in scoring tho… I just threw steel as an option, other prospects can be swapped in tho. Unfortunately for minnasota they prob can’t demand a prospect like mctavish for fiala

I feel like fialas value is prob close to what Reinhardt and buch got

Last edited:

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well steel sure… comtois did lead the team in scoring tho… I just threw steel as an option, other prospects can be swapped in tho. Unfortunately for minnasota they prob can’t demand a prospect like mctavish for fiala

I feel like fialas value is prob close to what Reinhardt and buch got
You just can't ignore this year for Comtois, though....what's he got 6 points? That's beyond atrocious, and on top of that, he's a LHS wing. MN is loaded there.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
You just can't ignore this year for Comtois, though....what's he got 6 points? That's beyond atrocious, and on top of that, he's a LHS wing. MN is loaded there.
Didn’t say ignore it, the reason he’s even available is cause of this year… and that’s why we’re adding a lot to him for a fiala deal

but if you wanted to swap comtois to Tracey perreault or pastujov I’d be down for that too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad