Value of: Columbus Players Trade Predictions

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LazyCircuits

Dec 14, 2019
Europia
Like most Jackets fans, I’m waiting to see what return out GM can squeeze from someone desperate to add for a playoff run. However, I am intrigued as to which players fans of other teams attach value to.

Gavrikov - follows a precedent of trading d for firsts (Chiarot/Savard) but there are plenty of people here who doubt he fetches that this year.

Korpisalo - goalie who has played well recently at a bargain cap hit but the market for goalies is not very liquid at this time of year

Nyquist - excellent depth pick up who will be LTIR until the playoffs so essentially zero cap hit but isn’t worth a lot if his injury worries GMs

Fill in the list below and quote it to make your predictions.

Gavrikov fetches…

Korpisalo fetches…

Nyquist fetches…

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Speaking as Jackets fan, we won’t get much more than a mid-late for either of Korpisalo or Nyquist. Goalies don’t have much value at the deadline when they’re consistently good, let alone when they’ve got multiple years of poor performance on their record. And Nyquist is likely just a move for a desperate team to get some LTIR relief.

As for Gavrikov, at this point I’ll be surprised if it’s more than a second and a mid prospect. Toronto’s first is gone now. Can’t imagine LA moves theirs after losing last year’s for Fiala. Boston never moves theirs, nor does Carolina. Jarmo can say the price starts at whatever he wants, but if the market won’t bear it, then the move doesn’t happen.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
As for Gavrikov, at this point I’ll be surprised if it’s more than a second and a mid prospect. Toronto’s first is gone now. Can’t imagine LA moves theirs after losing last year’s for Fiala. Boston never moves theirs, nor does Carolina. Jarmo can say the price starts at whatever he wants, but if the market won’t bear it, then the move doesn’t happen.

Boston traded their first for Lindholm last year.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
My predictions:

1. Gavrikov will return a 1st and 3rd.

2. Nyquist will return a conditional 4th round pick conditioned on him playing at any point after the TDL.

3. Korpisalo won't be moved. Likely one of the goalies gets injured. Also the market won't be there.

Reactions: Fro

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Gavrikov for a 1st + conditional 2nd (alternate years) from a legit contender.
I still say BOS should go for him even if he doesn't re-sign.

Korp will get a 3rd or two 4ths if retained? Can't see anyone giving up a 2nd.

Nyquist for a 3rd? Depending on his health?

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC

Boston traded their first for Lindholm last year.

Boston has actually traded away their 1st round pick quite a few times the last few seasons:

2018 Draft ( 26th overall ) traded to NYR as part of the Rick Nash trade
2020 Draft ( 27th overall ) traded to Anaheim as part of the Ondrej Kase trade
2022 Draft ( 22nd overall ) traded to Anaheim as part of the Hampus Lindholm trade

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Boston has actually traded away their 1st round pick quite a few times the last few seasons:

2018 Draft ( 26th overall ) traded to NYR as part of the Rick Nash trade
2020 Draft ( 27th overall ) traded to Anaheim as part of the Ondrej Kase trade
2022 Draft ( 22nd overall ) traded to Anaheim as part of the Hampus Lindholm trade

I was thinking for rentals. I’m honestly surprised to see they’ve done it that many times. Still don’t see them using it on Gavrikov this year.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I think Korpisalo gets moved. The market for pending UFA goalies looks slim. All the good ones rumored to be available all have term (Demko, Gibson, Vejmelka). The UFA market is essentially Korpisalo and Varlamov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad