Proposal: Columbus-Minnesota

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What's the reasoning behind this?

KniespassZegras

Jan 2, 2022
Really easy pass for Columbus. Jenner is signed long term at a pretty cheap deal and Jenner has more goals than Greenway has points and almost has as many goals as both Strum and Greenway combined have points.

i mean this is really terrible. Minnesota would have to, at a minimum, throw in their 1st.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Really easy pass for Columbus. Jenner is signed long term at a pretty cheap deal and Jenner has more goals than Greenway has points and almost has as many goals as both Strum and Greenway combined have points.

i mean this is really terrible. Minnesota would have to, at a minimum, throw in their 1st.

I mean let's not get carried away here. Jenner is having a career year boosted by a shooting percentage that's 50% higher than his career average. He's playing on Columbus' top line due to lack of better options, and he's still only on pace for just over 50 points. He's a career third line center, which isn't worth Greenway, Sturm, 1st and 2nd by any means.

I get why Columbus doesn't do it, but let's reign it in here. In the past three years, Greenway and Jenner have put up pretty much the exact same number of points per game.

Reactions: JUSTGIROUXIT

KniespassZegras

Jan 2, 2022
I mean let's not get carried away here. Jenner is having a career year boosted by a shooting percentage that's 50% higher than his career average. He's playing on Columbus' top line due to lack of better options, and he's still only on pace for just over 50 points. He's a career third line center, which isn't worth Greenway, Sturm, 1st and 2nd by any means.

I get why Columbus doesn't do it, but let's reign it in here. In the past three years, Greenway and Jenner have put up pretty much the exact same number of points per game.

Jenner is having a career year? news to me. either way you want to cut it, Greenway has 1 season over double digit goals, and his goal totals drop every year. Boone has a 30 goal season under his belt, has a shot at another this year, and has seasons with 18, 16 (pacing for 18), 8 in 41 (pacing for 16) and got his 16th tonight. and no, Jenner hasn't been on columbus top line that often. he's played a good majority all over the top 3 lines.

plus Boone is better in his own zone, captain, and signed cheap to a longer deal.

its not getting carried away, Jenner is significantly way more valueable. gotta take the wild glasses off for a second. a 3rd/4th line type of player in Greenway, AHL/NHL tweener and a 2022nd isnt getting you in the conversation for Jenner, that wont even fly on NHL22.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL

I actually believe this is who/what boone is, but was stiffled in torts system...its a pretty easy no from CBJ

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Boone has been one of the Jackets best players.

But the biggest reason they can't trade him is that he's the captain and one of the few holdovers they could sign long term and maintain continuity. That's important. The package offer isn't bad but we'd need at least a mid 1st or A- prospect to consider moving Boone.

Reactions: Dumais

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
No offense to CBJ/Jenner, but I don't get this trade for MN, either. The only thing they are missing is a skilled offensive top 6 C. Sturm is also the heart of their 4th line. Fast, long, good on FO's, great defensively, and on a very low cap hit. MN can't afford to lose him with their cap situation. Greenway...meh. He's big, occasionally looks overpowering, then coasts for 4 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad