GDT: Columbus @ Carolina | 3/29 7:00PM EDT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Boll would be perfect. Anisimov does and is way better out front than Umberger. Calvert and Atkinson while smaller, get in close with their speed and agility. All of these guys are better at actually tipping the puck also. I'd argue that Umberger isn't even actually any good out front. He just doesn't pass the eye test with me.

Umberger is very good at redirecting shots. He's not worth the money we're paying him, but he does have worth.

WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE DOING?!? Making me defend Umberger!!!! Arrrrrrgh!!!! :rant:

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Boll would be perfect. Anisimov does and is way better out front than Umberger. Calvert and Atkinson while smaller, get in close with their speed and agility. All of these guys are better at actually tipping the puck also. I'd argue that Umberger isn't even actually any good out front. He just doesn't pass the eye test with me.

Boll has scored 5 goals in the past 3 seasons, so he is immediately disqualified. Anisimov is good at driving the net, but he doesn't camp out in front and redirect shots. Calvert and Atkinson get pounded into dust once they get closer than the faceoff circles. Horton should be in this conversation, but is too busy staring at his belly button at the blue line. Umby is the only guy willing to pay the price in front.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Well, didn't see Umberger scratch coming tonight, he played well last night. Richards being Richards, he just has lost it. Horton sucks and he gets constantly rewarded with a spot on the top line. But it's ok, I'm sure Corey Tropp will have a 5 point night and solve all our problems.

Schultz was also fine last night I thought, but I can understand getting Niki back in.

Go Curtis! Go Jackets!

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Come on..you really think that? You people really think that RJ Umberger is an offensive threat? Our top "goal scoring" threat? Half the goals he gets are lucky as ****. The others are tap ins. He's had probably the most favorable line combos all year. Yes 18 goals is a good number, I cant argue that AND some have been pretty timely, but its nothing that any other player with the same opportunities couldn't have done. Dude still cant make or accept a pass.

How many tap ins have we missed in the last two weeks? We need guys who are good at that.

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
Everybody missing the point TR can't scratch Jarmo's big offseason acquisition. Good or bad RJ is the odd man out. Fix it by swapping RJ and horton while playing Tropp instead of Commeau

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Boy do the Jackets look bad so far. Coach Richards strategy for tonight's game appears to be "Tropp to the rescue".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad