GDT: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Detroit Red Wings | 10/4/2018 7:30PM ET| FSD MOD NOTE POST #750

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
With all due respect, Babcock was *****ed about just the same here. Not too happy with Glenny but at the same time, the theory may have been to not get scored against more than anything else when he was put on the ice. Panarin was out there and Glenny is probably the best guy we have playing man to man.
I understand what you're saying, but that 'playing not to lose' strategy by Blashill saw the puck in our own end of the ice when Glendenning was out there...I'm not surprised what took place.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Kotkaniemi was a reach with better players available. Hayton was the horrible pick. If you're going to criticize get your facts in order.

But if you really want to go based on past stuff, lets talk about how you were saying Larkin wasn't worth six million but you suggested another team offer sheet him 10.

Or you could just... You know... Actually address the point at hand.
Better players according to who a genie? No one knows how these players will develop. How many HOF players have the wings drafted in the later rounds over the years?! You are pretending to have all the answers WHICH IS ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS lol.Still don't think Larkin is worth 6m. Show me where I say a team SHOULD offer sheet him for 10 million dollars. Lies.Also dont think after one game the rebuild isn't over like you are suggesting.Top 4 D and top 6 forwards sure but BOTTOM 5 talent overall in the league. We have no other options buddy.We are littered with injuries and none or these kids are saviours. The only reason some of them are even in the lineup is injuries.Wings are 3 years away from contending for anything meaningful. If that doesn't mean beginning a rebuild then what does? Or you back to randomly quoting me just to troll again ?

Last edited:

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
It doesn't even seem like his IQ is to blame. It just seems like laziness. That's what annoys me so much. He's the fastest man alive when he sees the puck is open. He gets lead feet when it's on the opponent's stick.

He has the speed and skill to take it away but he'd rather coast and sort of slowly chase the guy around a little until someone on the Wings gets the puck and he can get a pass at full speed the other way. That is 100% my biggest gripe with him. Everything else is a distant 3rd.

Yep, that's the problem. And that's why people who rag on him rag on him. He has a world of talent. It's on display when he's engaged.

Reactions: RedMenace

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Yep, that's the problem. And that's why people who rag on him rag on him. He has a world of talent. It's on display when he's engaged.
He does. It's also hard to stay engaged playing with rookies and over-the-hill players. Maybe if the coaching staff and the fans watched the vets with a magnifying glass like they watch AA this team would be a lot better too?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The problem is that he has a couple strings of games a year where he IS a Nathan MacKinnon double. He has that kind of effect. And then he disappears from making an impact for a string too.

It's more that if he didn't have several times where the average fan can tell he dogged it on a play, people would almost unanimously fall behind him. But it seems like AA is "only" an up and coming third liner because he can't be assed to give it his all. When he's locked in? He's got the talent to be one of the best players on the ice. But he doesn't do that every game. If he played even close to as well as he's capable of every game, he should be a top 6 or top line guy that we should happily be paying 7-8M to. But he gets complacent.

At every level, he's always shown flashes of talent way beyond his average play, but never seems to do anything to maintain them.

Even on his best day AA doesn’t see the ice like someone like MacKinnon, but I agree that he could be a damn good player if he really wanted to and competed hard every night.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
[QUOTE="HIFE, post: 150301913, member: 120325"
How do you watch that line and the only conclusion is AA is an idiot? There was no support, no chemistry. Abdelkader is lucky to touch the puck and Vanek is a shell. Repeating myself, but that line was doomed from its inception.[/QUOTE]

How does a player develop chemistry with his teammates when he doesn't play the same system as everyone else. No one knows where AA is going to be on the ice, but the best bet is near the opposition's blue line.

It is a sport where individual effort makes a difference, but playing the game as an individual doesn't usually lead to success.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Even on his best day AA doesn’t see the ice like someone like MacKinnon, but I agree that he could be a damn good player if he really wanted to and compete every night.
MacKinnon was a hart trophy nominee last year and went first overall in his draft year.Why are we comparing AA to him again?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Better players according to who a genie? No one knows how these players will develop. How many HOF players have the wings drafted in the later rounds over the years?! You are pretending to have all the answers WHICH IS ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS lol.Still don't think Larkin is worth 6m. Show me where I say a team SHOULD offer sheet him for 10 million dollars. Lies.Also dont think after one game the rebuild isn't over like you are suggesting.Top 4 D and top 6 forwards sure but BOTTOM 5 talent overall in the league. We have no other options buddy.We are littered with injuries and none or these kids are saviours. The only reason some of them are even in the lineup is injuries.Wings are 3 years away from contending for anything meaningful. If that doesn't mean beginning a rebuild then what does? Or you back to randomly quoting me just to troll again ?

Just for clarification, you accuse me of saying something with no quotes to back it up, but then demand quotes when I accuse you of saying something, LOL.

But since we're demanding quotes, how about you show me where I said the rebuild is over? I never said that, but I can damn sure show you exactly where you said the rebuild is just beginning. Reading comprehension could've protected you from that blunder.

Oh by the way...

I think I rather have the 4 first round picks over Larkin or whatever it is...

Which team is giving up $10.1M+ to Larkin?

Isn’t the whole point of offer sheeting a player is a price they know you can’t match?

Last edited:

borisbadenough

Mar 25, 2013
Hard to generate offense if you can not leave your own zone cleanly. Young d making bad decisions, to be expected but hard to watch. Looks like the crowd agrees. Half empty arena.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
[QUOTE="HIFE, post: 150301913, member: 120325"
How do you watch that line and the only conclusion is AA is an idiot? There was no support, no chemistry. Abdelkader is lucky to touch the puck and Vanek is a shell. Repeating myself, but that line was doomed from its inception.

How does a player develop chemistry with his teammates when he doesn't play the same system as everyone else. No one knows where AA is going to be on the ice, but the best bet is near the opposition's blue line.

It is a sport where individual effort makes a difference, but playing the game as an individual doesn't usually lead to success.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to burst your bubble but it’s not just AA at the far blue line it’s everybody. The problem with the way blash is playing this team is that there is never any support on the ice. Go watch the game again and watch our exits there terrible. The D have no options anywhere on the ice because all three forwards are gone out of the zone. I saw multiple times where the D could have preformed a simple reverse but instead went high glass. This is coaching. Blashill is doing an awful job of it

raymond23

lgrw
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Athanasiou and DeKeyser are two guys who should be a lot better than they are. Both pretty brutal last night after watching rewatching the game.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Just for clarification, you accuse me of saying something with no quotes to back it up, but then demand quotes when I accuse you of saying something, LOL.

But since we're demanding quotes, how about you show me where I said the rebuild is over? I never said that, but I can damn sure show you exactly where you said the rebuild is just beginning. Reading comprehension could've protected you from that blunder.

Oh by the way...
Again where did I suggest to give that money? MOD

Last edited by a moderator:

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Hard to generate offense if you can not leave your own zone cleanly. Young d making bad decisions, to be expected but hard to watch. Looks like the crowd agrees. Half empty arena.
Oh oh don't mention the empty seats you will get yelled at and called names and blocked by people some cant/refuse to hear the truth lol.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Holland should also move a lot or players that are "above" criticism that don't produce.

AA quite obviously dogs it in some games. He underperforms compared to his talent level because he can't give a consistent effort night in, night out.
That's WORLDS different than a guy like Abdelkader or DDK or Ericsson where they are being asked to do stuff above their skill level. (I'd say pay grade, but they all got bad contracts, so it's not really above their pay grade).

I can't understand this. There should be no "whataboutism" in relation to AA. He should be moved out because he's supremely talented but he just doesn't seem to give a **** 2/3rds of the time and you can potentially sell a team on them getting the "good" Athanasiou more often on a better roster.

Many of the Wings players have a talent deficiency compared to what the team is asking of them. AA has a heart/drive deficiency. It's so clearly different that I have no clue how people try to say "Oh, if you want AA gone, you should get rid of X,Y, and Z too".

Reactions: Oddbob and ShelbyZ

raymond23

lgrw
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Last year AA was benched because of "effort" a subjective thing to measure. I have just to see Gator, Kronwall and a bunch of other players benched for giving poor efforts which they clearer have.

It's not subjective when AA is in full stride once the entire game - on a chance for a breakaway. He needs to take some tips from Larkin and use his skating for other purposes besides fancy rushes.

Reactions: Oddbob and ShelbyZ

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Guys/Gals I cannot say this clearly enough as we are in for a rough season. Frustration with the team or players should remain the topic at hand and not each other. Lay off the personal attacks and have positive discourse. I understand disagreement and we do want discussion. But let's go back to grade school rules here in terms of if you don't have something nice to say to someone don't say it at all. Stay out of the personal attacks and stop trying to one up each other in terms of flaming. It will not be tolerated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad