OT: College Football ‘24 - ‘25 Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
1724238933296.jpeg

1723996553711-jpeg.901729

GO IRISH!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kate08

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

STILLWATER, Okla. — Oklahoma State will wear QR codes on its helmets this season linking to the general team fund to increase the program’s name, image, and likeness money pool.

The rollout will be in the season opener at home against defending FCS champion South Dakota State on August 31. The school believes it is the first time that a college football team will wear QR codes during regular-season games.

“This is a revolutionary step forward to help keep Oklahoma State football ahead of the game,” coach Mike Gundy said. “It gives a chance for everyday fans across the world to have a real impact when it comes to supporting the NIL efforts for Cowboy football. I’m thrilled about this opportunity for our players.”

The QR codes will be 1.5-square-inch decals that feature each player’s name and number. They aren’t expected to be visible from the stands, but they are expected to be noticeable on close shots during broadcasts and postgame photos posted to social media.

The codes also will be on each player’s bag tag. The players carry the bags during “The Walk” — the pregame walk before home games at Boone Pickens Stadium — and for travel.

Oklahoma State enters the season ranked No. 17 in the AP Top 25.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Who do you like today?

And happy birthday.

My team is Notre Dame, but I’ll watch anything. Literally. Jumped on the western Kentucky bandwagon a few years ago after watching a random game. Just love having it on. Great lineup of games today for sure.

And thank you! My gift to everyone is the return of college football.

Reactions: rfournier103

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
My team is Notre Dame, but I’ll watch anything. Literally. Jumped on the western Kentucky bandwagon a few years ago after watching a random game. Just love having it on. Great lineup of games today for sure.

And thank you! My gift to everyone is the return of college football.
Notre Dame fan as well. Tonight should be their toughest game of the season. If they can win tonight, they should be in great shape.

I remembered your birthday because it’s the day before mine! 🤣 Isn’t it great having your birthday on a long weekend?

PS: Notre Dame is playing at BC next season.

• Haha
Reactions: Kate08

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
It was your typical Week 1 beatdown game against an overmatched opponent. Definitely fun to watch if you’re an OU fan or don’t have a dog in the fight
A win is a win especially around here. The last 2 years have been rough.

It was great because we have a new QB and a number of new players. Nice to see that they are on the same page. Another step in the right direction for the program.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Notre Dame fan as well. Tonight should be their toughest game of the season. If they can win tonight, they should be in great shape.

I remembered your birthday because it’s the day before mine! 🤣 Isn’t it great having your birthday on a long weekend?

PS: Notre Dame is playing at BC next season.
I'm a Texas A&M grad (Class of '91).

The Irish are going down.....:cool: Too bad I won't get to see it. I'm going to see Pearl Jam tonight at Wrigley. Taking the wife for her birthday...

A win is a win especially around here. The last 2 years have been rough.

It was great because we have a new QB and a number of new players. Nice to see that they are on the same page. Another step in the right direction for the program.
My niece and nephew both go to OU. They were obviously raised poorly...:)

All kidding aside, my nephew is in his 3rd year as a student assistant with the OU football team. They're gonna get a rude awakening in the SEC this season.

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I'm a Texas A&M grad (Class of '91).

The Irish are going down.....:cool: Too bad I won't get to see it. I'm going to see Pearl Jam tonight at Wrigley. Taking the wife for her birthday...

My niece and nephew both go to OU. They were obviously raised poorly...:)

All kidding aside, my nephew is in his 3rd year as a student assistant with the OU football team. They're gonna get a rude awakening in the SEC this season.
Congrats to your nephew!

Oh I firmly expect them to get their asses handed to them this year. People here are realistic as well.

At least you aren't a Texas Alum ;)

Reactions: RoccoF14

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Notre Dame - Texas A&M = best game of the day. Wasn’t pretty for the Irish, but sometimes football’s ugly. Too many penalties, but a win is a win.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Notre Dame - Texas A&M = best game of the day. Wasn’t pretty for the Irish, but sometimes football’s ugly. Too many penalties, but a win is a win.
Yeah. I watched it on tape after the concert. Good game if you like great defense. Both teams have a lot of work to do on the offensive side, though. Especially A&M. Hats off to the Irish, they were better than us.

Reactions: rfournier103

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad