Proposal: COL-TOR Beauchemin and a 3rd in 2018 for Gardiner and Lupul

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ForSpareParts*

Gardiner is the price TOR has to pay get rid of an often injured overpaid Lupul. COL gets a good skater at a nice price while TOR gets a solid LH 3D for 2 seasons at 4.5 million. I added the 3rd because the Gardiner die hards would be angry to see Gardiner go for less.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Not even close to matching our needs or what we think the value is. We're not desperate to dump Lupul, and if we were there would be other ways. We have no one that's like Gardiner (someone that can carry any player put on his pairing), he's perfect for our 2nd pair behind the future Rielly-xxx pairing.

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
no, thanks. no need for neither player and we are receiving more money back. that`s a problem for a team who is tight against the cap.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
There's no way Toronto says yes to this. I love Beauch, but he's not getting any younger, and Lupul to Beauchemin is a really just lateral move in terms of cap hit.

Besides, I think Beauchemin has a NMC so this trade is unlikely to happen before Lamoriello even picks up the phone.

ForSpareParts*

Lupul and Gardiner 9.3 million -> COL
Beauchemin 4.5 milion -> TOR

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
This is literally the move we make to aquire lupul and gardiner. Only that beuch was much younger

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Well just either IR Lupul for the year or play him and buy him out next year when we have an abundance of cap room. No need to trade one of our two good young defenders.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Uhm. No. Ew. We'll keep our human bag of glass if you think it'll cost gardiner to be rid of him. Lol at this proposal

Avs44

May 16, 2011
The Avs with their 500k or something in cap space will just add a cool 4.5 million...and the Leafs, a rebuilding team, will trade a good youngish defender for an aging defender with only a couple of years left, just to clear cap they can comfortably keep.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
this is horribad.

why do the leafs need the cap space so desperately for again?
JVR/Nylanders new deals in 2 years? Matthews/Marners new deals in 3 years? Lupul will be gone by then.

if gardiner is dealt to the avs, barrie would need to be the return

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
Weird, the ridiculous one sided proposals are going the other way this time

Here's a rant about how Gardiner is nothing but a third line center

CertifiedLurker

Aug 13, 2016
Gardiner is the price TOR has to pay get rid of an often injured overpaid Lupul. COL gets a good skater at a nice price while TOR gets a solid LH 3D for 2 seasons at 4.5 million. I added the 3rd because the Gardiner die hards would be angry to see Gardiner go for less.

I too like to throw away useful players about to enter their primes to move a temporary cap problem and acquire an old vet who has a similar cap hit to the young player you just traded away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad