Confirmed Signing with Link: [COL] Ryan Graves signs extension (3 years, $3.16M AAV)

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Jost eats up another $1 million or 1.5 million, then they're down to around $5.5 mil, surprising after most COL fans made it seem like they had so much space to add an impact player.

Jost should eat up closer to 2M.

We'll have about 4M in space with a full 23 man roster, and 2.5M of that likely comes from Makar bonuses.

But, remember that the Avs took on 5M in cap space by trading for Saad, and will still have another 2-3M in space. The Avs did have the cap space to sign a Pietrangelo or Hall this summer... They chose to go in a different route about it(Sounds like they were interested in Hall though, just didn't offer the money Buffalo did).

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Jost should eat up closer to 2M.

We'll have about 4M in space with a full 23 man roster, and 2.5M of that likely comes from Makar bonuses.

But, remember that the Avs took on 5M in cap space by trading for Saad, and will still have another 2-3M in space. The Avs did have the cap space to sign a Pietrangelo or Hall this summer... They chose to go in a different route about it(Sounds like they were interested in Hall though, just didn't offer the money Buffalo did).
Got to think NO ONE ELSE did if he ended up in Buffalo.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I really wonder if Sakic was caught by surprise by the chance to trade for Devon Toews.
Because not even 12h later this signing looks a bit questionable to me...
Its not bad but giving your now bottom pairing D 3x3.16m in a flat cap world seems a bit iffy...

Pual Statsny

Overpaid, overrated
Jul 22, 2010
Awesometown
He lead the NHL in +/- for what that is worth.
WHAT?

He's fine. I don't like it, but it was happening. Pretty brutal on the PK and defending the rush but smart and mobile enough to partner with Makar. Would rather see Toews with Makar and Graves pushed down to 5D but everything's better than Greg Zanon, Francois Beauchemin, and Shane O'Brien.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
WHAT?

He's fine. I don't like it, but it was happening. Pretty brutal on the PK and defending the rush but smart and mobile enough to partner with Makar. Would rather see Toews with Makar and Graves pushed down to 5D but everything's better than Greg Zanon, Francois Beauchemin, and Shane O'Brien.

ub0k1GI.png

Yup.
I don't mind him at all as a 5th or 6th Defender. He just doesn't need to play with Cale.

Reactions: klozge and Kaizer

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Eh, I feel like it's Holden 2.0

Although Holden playing in the proper role was a nice little player for us. Problem was he was always thrown to the wolves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad