Clowe suspended for coming off bench? (Suspended 2 Games)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
This happened to someone else (can't remember who), they were told they have a hearing yet were playing that night. That guy got to play that night and the result of his hearing the following day was a fine.

If Clowe was busted for coming off the bench illiegally, it's an automatic suspension so I'm guessing that's not the case.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Anyone else find it ridiculous that this could even possibly result in 10 games? He may have jumped on but there was no altercation. And even if there were, what other offenses rate 10 games, let alone 10 playoff games? Only very bad, deliberate, multiple-offender ones.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Clowe has been offered in-person hearing, which would allow NHL discretion to suspend 6 or more games if it chooses.

Clowe was deemed by officials to have come off bench for purposes of starting altercation with CHI's Andrew Shaw in final 10 seconds.

SJ's Ryane Clowe suspended pending hearing on Monday. Clowe will not play tonight in DAL but HC Todd McClellan will be behind bench.

Not so good.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
guess we'll see how the team plays without Clowe for awhile he. Can Clowe be traded while suspended?

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
So if TMac is coaching, does that mean that they're not deeming it an illegal change?

No, it means that he's not opting to take the auto 10 game suspension (which carries with it a 1 game suspension for TMac). It just means he'll go to a hearing, in which he could get 6 or more games suspension (so maybe less than 10), and also the league might not suspend TMac.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I thought he changed for someone and went after Shaw? Oh well..board gets their wish, he will be gone for a bit.

justinboo*

God they make it sound like hes murdered somebody. How long has this rule been in place? I'm surprised theyre allowed to make contact these days...

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Well everyone who wanted to see clowe demoted/benched is getting their wish. Let's see just how much he was helping or hurting the team. Will be interesting at the least.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Well everyone who wanted to see clowe demoted/benched is getting their wish. Let's see just how much he was helping or hurting the team. Will be interesting at the least.

People will just find another scapegoat as to why our major players aren't scoring as they should.

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA

We'd really get to see what's up if they suspended tmac for a game. We could see how the team does without him behind the bench.

sharkbite3

Custom boozer title
Apr 4, 2009
Seaside, CA
I wasn't able to watch last night, but it sounds like a pretty idiotic move by Clowe (favorite Shark for years). There's no need for immediate retaliation, especially when it's gonna sideline you for 6+ games. Save that **** for a later date.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I wasn't able to watch last night, but it sounds like a pretty idiotic move by Clowe (favorite Shark for years). There's no need for immediate retaliation, especially when it's gonna sideline you for 6+ games. Save that **** for a later date.

Then everyone would be complaining how no one did anything. It was a dirtball move by Shaw. I just wish Clowe got his money's worth against that turtling coward if he is indeed suspended for the full 10.

LionSpeak

threadkiller
Feb 4, 2011
San Jose
Gomez getting top six role w/Clowe out. Centering 12 and 8 for #SJSharks.

— David Pollak (@PollakOnSharks) February 23, 2013

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad