Post-Game Talk: Clodefish Undefeated B's 3 NYR 0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
So great to see Chris Kelly "intangibling" Kreider in the face. :)

Soderberg must be a tough bugger - that was a nasty shove into the boards face-first, but did you notice the first thing he did when he was laying on the ice was to reach for his stick to get back up and play.

Mzeppelin1

Apr 26, 2014
hey guys, not instigating or hating on the bruins.

but what do you guys think of your broadcasting team? i understand that there is always hometown bias wherever you go, but jack edwards and his partner just seem so unprofessional at times.
i knew about jack edwards but i just saw a video of marchand's slewfoot on brassard and the color commentator argued against it being a slewfoot.

btw i'm a blues fan, not rangers fan.

just wanted to know what y'all think of them.

peace

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010

but what do you guys think of your broadcasting team? i understand that there is always hometown bias wherever you go, but jack edwards and his partner just seem so unprofessional at times.
i knew about jack edwards but i just saw a video of marchand's slewfoot on brassard and the color commentator argued against it being a slewfoot.

peace
they're terrible like most broadcast teams. at times jack edwards makes me contemplate suicide.

Mzeppelin1

Apr 26, 2014
they're terrible like most broadcast teams. at times jack edwards makes me contemplate suicide.

ok good. lol i didn't know if bruins fans fed off that or hated it

i mean darren pang can definitely be a homer at times but at least our broadcaster tries to make it exciting when either team scores.

i just get the sense that jack edwards grew up as a bruins fan and is calling the game as a bruins fan, not as a pro broadcaster

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

i mean darren pang can definitely be a homer at times but at least our broadcaster tries to make it exciting when either team scores.

i just get the sense that jack edwards grew up as a bruins fan and is calling the game as a bruins fan, not as a pro broadcaster

You're taking a comment from one person as representative of the entire fan base?

The problem with other fans' perception of Edwards is that the vast majority of the time you're hearing his "highlights" (or "lowlights" as the case may be). If you really want to make a considered, fair judgment of his announcing, you can't go by a few selected clips.

He knows hockey, he knows the players (he's one of the best around at identifying opposing players; none of this "and the defenseman takes the shot," he knows who that defenseman is, his hometown, and who his usual partner is too), and he'll get just as excited over a great play by a non-Bruin as he will a Bruin. He calls goals with excitement for both teams, and he appreciates good players no matter who they play for. He'd probably adopt Steven Stamkos if he could, just for one example.

Of course he's a homer - he's calling the game for Bruins fans, what do you expect? Every announcer is a homer. But he'll give credit - or criticism - where it's due. He has most certainly called out Bruins who have made dumb or dirty plays. The difference is, when an opponent does so, he'll call them out WITH RELISH, and again, what do you expect? What announcer doesn't?

Bad Puck Bounce

Run Ralphie Run
Feb 4, 2014
Denver, Colorado

Um, Edwards definitely does that.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.

peace

Brick is a solid announcer but Jack does go off a lot, home town announcers are always bias. You get what you get, we have no voice as fans on what they say, but when they are winning who cares.

TimThomas24

Jun 13, 2013
I dont love Jack by any means but I also don't dislike him. What I don't get is why do other teams fans care about announcers not announcing their teams games.

Like I don't give 2 sh*ts about who announces the Coyotes games nor do I care if their biased. I prefer biased announcers who are announcing for fans of that team. I just don't really get it..don't listen to him if you don't like it.

Jack doesn't announce for a Flames fan tuning in to a Bruins/Habs game. Almost all his listeners will be Bruins fans so thats who he tries to entertain.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
So great to see Chris Kelly "intangibling" Kreider in the face. :)

Soderberg must be a tough bugger - that was a nasty shove into the boards face-first, but did you notice the first thing he did when he was laying on the ice was to reach for his stick to get back up and play.

those sticks are expensive, wouldn`t you be doing the same??:laugh:

Kelly is such a great teammate, not the most gifted guy, but a consummate pro and team guy

Another good, solid win over a team who`s been playing very well

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Just in...

Another win for the Sooshii GDT !!!!

I was happy Quaider was ok. Lots of blood. The Dr sits right behind us and said he would be ok.

Also scarey hit on the Yeti. I hope that gets reviewed.

Marchy has been so good this year but tonight had a slew foot.

Good for Kelly...sticking up for his fellow players.

Pasta here to stay ! Good for him...Where were his two goals tonight ?:sarcasm:

Five in a row. Sat will be interesting.

The last time I went to every home game was 2010/ 2011....I haven't missed a game yet this season.

Good night B's fans

LF you and I both gasped, hands to face when Adam went down. It was like a mirror image.

We are lucky we didn't lose Quaider and Yeti in this game.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
oh we're coming for it:

gYqdbGO.jpg

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I just noticed that if the playoffs were to start today we'd be facing Johnny rocket and his new team. I hate that we may play against him in the post season. That's when we'll truly miss him

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I just noticed that if the playoffs were to start today we'd be facing Johnny rocket and his new team. I hate that we may play against him in the post season. That's when we'll truly miss him

I'm sure the division leaders want no part of the Bruins in round one.

Although, if they keep it up, they won't be in a wild card spot by the end of the year.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Its schtick with Edwards.

He can do a game straight up, used to for ESPN.

Now he sort of emulates the legendary Johnny Most, Celtic homer from their heydays in the 1960s.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

peace

Actually, what Brickley said was something like "very close to a slewfoot, but I'll say no. But very, very close". As someone who watches all their game, to me that means Marchand got away with one. Brickley's quite astute.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I dont love Jack by any means but I also don't dislike him. What I don't get is why do other teams fans care about announcers not announcing their teams games.

Like I don't give 2 sh*ts about who announces the Coyotes games nor do I care if their biased. I prefer biased announcers who are announcing for fans of that team. I just don't really get it..don't listen to him if you don't like it.

Jack doesn't announce for a Flames fan tuning in to a Bruins/Habs game. Almost all his listeners will be Bruins fans so thats who he tries to entertain.

Exactly. If a national announcer is biased toward one team it's annoying. It's something you expect from a hometown announcer, and head-scratching why a rival fan would care. I'm not going into the Caps forum whining about Joe Beninati.

acr*

I disagree with the notion that is okay for home announcers to be biased. I think it is the norm and everyone expects it to a degree, but at a certain point, when you damage your credibility, you can go too far. To me, Jack is aware of this, but just cannot help himself sometimes. He knows the game; probably better than any other local announcer that I can think of off hand. His style is grating though at times and he take it too far with the homerism quite often. I wish he would call the game with the same enthusiasm, but cut out the nonsense. Let the color guy sink himself with BS opinions, that is what he is paid for.

Serge A Storms

Apr 21, 2013
Connecticut

peace

Jack is definitely a homer, but I don't think he's as big of a homer as a lot of people say he is. He gets super excited when the opposing team makes a great play or the opposing goalie makes a great save. He just LOVES good hockey. We're talking about the guy who goes into the opposing team's locker room to ask each player how to pronounce their names correctly to make sure he gets it right...

Granted - Jack dishes out the hyperbole much more to opposing teams. If a Bruins player dives, he'll point it out by saying he doesn't "understand how the physics equation works there". When an opposing team's player dives, he'll go on a tirade.

This is my opinion - but I think Brickley is a bigger homer than Edwards... he's just less loud about it. Brickley's comments about Marchand's slewfoot last night are a good example.

I do think they both HATE NHL officiating, regardless of the call or whatever team it's against... they'd definitely prefer if there were no referees at all :laugh:

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006

peace

I don't think you actually listened to what they said? Brick "was that a slewfoot?"
Jack "pretty close"
Brick "very close but not a slewfoot"
Jack "marchand is always straddling the line and sometimes jumps over it"

So biased. Unprofessional. Should be fired!

Wah.

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC

This has been beat to death a million times. Some people like him, some people don't. I love the guy. He's one of the best in the business. Biased? Yup, but I don't listen to a Bruins' broadcast worrying about what other fanbases think. It isn't a national broadcast.

gvkmedia

Let’s fight through this….
Mar 2, 2002
Kingsville
www.hollandbloorview.ca
Slew foot?

I have watched the gifs from both angles now for a few minutes. Marchand's leg never kicks (or touches) Brassards legs at all. Therefore not a slew foot. His left thigh connects with Brassards butt.

What makes this play dangerous is the proximity to the boards and the push backwards instead of driving him with direct contact side to side.

Was it dirty? Yes
Is it a suspension? Yes.
Is it a slew foot? No

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad