Chychrun’s Megathread V (poll added)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Chychrun Be Traded Before The Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
Don't forget that Kuemper wasn't a bill of health either. It's hockey and there are injuries.
Very true, I'm not sure about DK's injury history, I don't believe it was as bad as "porcelain" Anttii Raanta. I'm just an armchair GM and looking at what BA is asking and what I would be giving up for a player (granted very good), BUT the injuries have to be a major concern with the asking price.

Reactions: Mangosteen

cobra427

May 6, 2012
My point was that Chychrun will play to the best of his capabilities if he is not traded. I disagree that Chychrun's value is on a down slope. BA is asking for the moon and he should as Chychrun is our best trading chip.
I am sure Chych will play the best he can but being in the best state of mind is hard, knowing he will be traded, it has to effect him mentally. BA can ask for whatever he wants to, so what, that doesn't mean he will get it if it's not market value, which it hasn't been so far. It doesn't matter if Chych is our best or worst trade chip or something in between, he's worth what he is worth.

BA should have been sure Chych wanted to stay here, if not his highest trade value was right after his 19 goal season. BA could had gotten way more for him then. Since that time stats have gone down and injuries continue, his value has gone down. The only way it goes back up is if Chych is injury free this year or at least up until the TDL and his D improves and some production comes back up. I think his production is unlikely to come back up given our roster and I think he will get injured again because he is always injured, he's like Hanzal. I do think his D can improve a bit though, that comes with more time and tougher assignments which he will get plenty of this year if he is still a Coyote.

Reactions: Arizonatah Coyetis

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Might be getting close to deal time as all sides have stopped pushing info to their guys.
hockeybuzz has an article with their writer citing his sources that the coyotes are getting desperate. We have one full time writer on the organization and BA gutted the entire management team so I'm sure he has solid long-term sources on it.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
cleanhits.substack.com
hockeybuzz has an article with their writer citing his sources that the coyotes are getting desperate. We have one full time writer on the organization and BA gutted the entire management team so I'm sure he has solid long-term sources on it.

Even if we are sweating a little because OTT is the only team that is getting close to meeting the price, without fail some team if not going to like the look of their blueline come training camp, or someone will get hurt. I know we all want this done before training camp but I think this can go into the season. I'd like it to be done sometime in DEC rather then closer to the trade deadline though.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I don't think Bill feels like he is under pressure or desperate but imo this deal really needs to happen. It's not good for the room to see this play out long term with one of their own. Obviously that's looking in from the outside, it could be completely different in the room.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I don't think Bill feels like he is under pressure or desperate but imo this deal really needs to happen. It's not good for the room to see this play out long term with one of their own. Obviously that's looking in from the outside, it could be completely different in the room.
If we weren't actively trying to lose this would matter. This is an extremely valid concern. if Chychrun comes and sulks and we lose the first 20 games I don't know if anyone is going to be too upset about locking up a Top 3 pick with months to spare.

Even if we are sweating a little because OTT is the only team that is getting close to meeting the price, without fail some team if not going to like the look of their blueline come training camp, or someone will get hurt. I know we all want this done before training camp but I think this can go into the season. I'd like it to be done sometime in DEC rather then closer to the trade deadline though.
I'm sure we waited through the trade deadline and the draft only to take a low ball offer right before training camp. Makes complete sense.

I'm sure Ottawa isn't desperate at all to get Zaitsev out before training camp breaks after having his name dragged through trade rumors for the summer either. No pressure at all.

Note: This is sarcasm as I actually agree with you.

Last edited:

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
If we weren't actively trying to lose this would matter.

I'm sure we waited through the trade deadline and the draft only to take a low ball offer right before training camp. Makes complete sense.

I'm sure Ottawa isn't desperate at all to get Zaitsev out before training camp breaks after having his name dragged through trade rumors for the summer either. No pressure at all.

Note: This is sarcasm as I actually agree with you.
While we are trying to lose and that will take a toll on all players imo that makes it even more important to keep a good atmosphere. Keeping it positive gets more difficult with an elephant in the room. You don't want kids starting their career in a negative room. Just because you are losing doesn't mean you can't make it positive.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
While we are trying to lose and that will take a toll on all players imo that makes it even more important to keep a good atmosphere. Keeping it positive gets more difficult with an elephant in the room. You don't want kids starting their career in a negative room. Just because you are losing doesn't mean you can't make it positive.
Normally I would agree (i did edit my comment right as you sent yours) but this season and with this roster of short-term players I don't think this is as big of an issue as it could and should be.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Do we like Villardi as a prospect more than the Ottawa goalie Sogaard?
I would rather have Sogaard.

That guy is 1000% a complete and total fraud. He’s just making stuff up. And he can’t even write.

Reactions: hbk

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
cleanhits.substack.com
Yeah obviously it would be much better for all players and teams involved to get the deal done before training camp. I don't know if that deadline puts more pressure on the buyer or seller in this situation, but I imagine it's the buyer because you want the player to be settled in and focusing on hockey at the start of the season. But I'm sure BA is fine with waiting past camp start date to try to find other desperate teams. I keep giving ultimatums on this thing and while I'm not concerned with it being done in a couple weeks as others I feel like it has to be done at the deadline.

It seems like Chychrun's agent likes to get more involved than he should and I get a vibe that maybe he has killed some deals. I feel like that it will be harder for him to kill a deal midseason when he wants his client showcasing his talents on a good team than during the offseason.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
King’s are low on capspace. They need to get Mikey Anderson and Sean Durzi signed. They’re LD depth is abysmal. JAD and Vilardi are out of waiver exemptions. Kaliyev and Grumdstrom are moving up the depth chart. With the addition of Fialia, I think Iafallo is getting squeezed.

He’d be a really good asset for us to grab in a Chychrun deal and flip later. He’s a playoff type player that teams will want. Meanwhile, I bet we could also snag Durzi. Who I think is a great long-term fit. Maybe LA adds their ‘23 1st and ‘23 2nd and they’ve got the space they need to sign Anderson, and they’ve left spots open for Vilardi and JAD. Their LD is suddenly a whole new world.

Would you guys do Iafallo, Durzi, 23 1st and 23 2nd for Chychrun? I think I probably would. I’d spoon feed Iafallo top minutes, and look to move him at the deadline with retention.

The deal solves a lot of problems for LA. We get a really nice 1st, a 2nd we can package with our own for another 1st, clearing the path forward for another three 1sts draft. Moser+Durzi is a solid long-term 2nd pairing.

Reactions: Prarievarg

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

That’s not that same clown from Toronto is it who spends more time taking hot guitar licks than actual puck ??

Edit: Dammit I had to look. He’s on the Senators beat. Meaning his sources ain’t coming from us and therefore he’s basically bullhorning it.

(Plus…. anyone who keeps a Twitter account with FirstName/LastInitial/BunchONumbers as their handle is just another hack)

Last edited:

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
That’s not that same clown from Toronto is it who spends more time taking hot guitar licks than actual puck ??

Edit: Dammit I had to look. He’s on the Senators beat. Meaning his sources ain’t coming from us and therefore he’s basically bullhorning it.

(Plus…. anyone who keeps a Twitter account with FirstName/LastInitial/BunchONumbers as their handle is just another hack)
It’s horrific wishful thinking disguised as journalism.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I think this is old news but the article is newish so...
Senators GM Pierre Dorion spoke with TSN 1200 on Friday to discuss the upcoming season. While the team has been active in their additions (forwards Claude Giroux and Alex DeBrincat plus goalie Cam Talbot), the same can’t be said for the back end. Dorion indicated they’re still hoping to add a top-four defenseman but are comfortable going into training camp with what they have and seeing if a youngster like Lassi Thomson or Jacob Bernard-Docker is ready after spending last season with AHL Belleville or Jake Sanderson can make the jump right from college.
To that end, Postmedia’s Bruce Garrioch reports that Ottawa has held trade discussions with the Coyotes regarding Jakob Chychrun. However, the reported asking price of two first-round picks plus a top prospect is one that no one is willing to meet just yet. Chychrun would certainly fit within the Sens’ core group in terms of age and with three years left at a below-market $4.6M, he’d help on the financial side of things as well as their top players start to get more expensive. Of course, that’s a big part of the reason why Arizona’s asking price is so high--so Dorion will have to decide whether it’s one he’s going to be okay paying before too long.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Weegar, Vladar, and Valimaki for Chychrun +

Then trade Weegar to Ottawa for their 1st +

Sound fair or am I being a homer?
If I'm Treliving, I stand pat until January and see how my major face change did, unless someone blows me away or a major injury strikes one of my stars early.

They have a top 10 goalie tandem, probably one of the better and deepest defenses in the league, and a solid looking forward group with very interesting prospects about to break through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad