CHL USA Prospects Series

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Should be a great series going forward. Who do we think the OHL sends? Schaefer, Misa, Martone, Spence, Aitchenson, Ivankovic for sure. Then maybe guys like Martin, Cameron, Reid have a chance to make it.

Reactions: horner

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Should be a great series going forward. Who do we think the OHL sends? Schaefer, Misa, Martone, Spence, Aitchenson, Ivankovic for sure. Then maybe guys like Martin, Cameron, Reid have a chance to make it.
O’Brien, Beauchesne, Romano, Lam, Hopkins, Taylor, Kostuch, moses, Nesbitt, Lombardi, Frolov, Barr may be some of the others.

Or maybe they have some that play 2 games and some that only have 1 like the subway super series

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
O’Brien, Beauchesne, Romano, Lam, Hopkins, Taylor, Kostuch, moses, Nesbitt, Lombardi, Frolov, Barr may be some of the others.

Or maybe they have some that play 2 games and some that only have 1 like the subway super series
Yeah could be some higher end guys both nights and others get 1. WHL also has a super deep class this year. They're going to provide a ton of possible players too. Only so many spots. Going to have some guys rated for the 3-4th rounds not making the team.

Reactions: frontsfan67

coolhandluc44

Jan 29, 2024
Yeah could be some higher end guys both nights and others get 1. WHL also has a super deep class this year. They're going to provide a ton of possible players too. Only so many spots. Going to have some guys rated for the 3-4th rounds not making the team.
I really hope this does not get political and there needs to be a certain number of representatives from the QMJHL. Which I think the general consensus is they are the weak sibling of the CHL. Lets be honest, the leagues representation is at stake here and If I am owner of a team, I want the best players playing regardless of the league. If that means a high number of players from one league so be it. I

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I really hope this does not get political and there needs to be a certain number of representatives from the QMJHL. Which I think the general consensus is they are the weak sibling of the CHL. Lets be honest, the leagues representation is at stake here and If I am owner of a team, I want the best players playing regardless of the league. If that means a high number of players from one league so be it. I

Selections will probably be made by NHL scouts/GMs

Reactions: frontsfan67

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Q has some guys that are great still. Just not as many.

Last year was just real weird they didn’t have any first round nhl picks. Masse needs to work on his skating a lot and his scoring production didn’t go up too much and he was the CHL ROTY the year before. Then Poirier is really talented but is very small. Both of those 2 will be great I’m sure at the next level however they both fell a lot on draft day.

This year they have Desnoyers, Zonnon, Guite, Carbonneau, Huang all in the mix for the first round. They’d have Villenueve too but he is a late birthday so expect him to go really high in 2026.

Also D’Aigle a few years ago was looking like the future of Canadian goaltending. But he hasn’t progressed at all over the last year or two. He was supposed to go first round. Now I don’t even think he’s projected to go in the top 3. Wasn’t even the starting goalie on his team last year- backed up Darveau.

The Q will be fine. They are not as loaded as the O or the W this year but they should still be a challenge against the American team- maybe take a game but I don’t think 2. In the past years they’ve had great goaltending, this year I don’t think they have anyone as a prospect that compared to Ravensbergen in the W or Ivankovic here in the O.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad