Chicago Blackhawks top 2009 NHL Draft picks trying to seal a spot in the NHL

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

The Chicago Blackhawks made eight selections at the 2009 NHL Draft. Marcus Kruger is the only player with his name on the Stanley Cup, while several others remain promising NHL prospects.

Heading into the 2009 draft, Chicago was coming off its first postseason appearance since 2002. Series wins against Calgary and Vancouver put the young Blackhawks into the Conference Finals against the veteran Detroit Red Wings, who took the series in five games. The Blackhawks exceeded preseason prognostication, but the playoff run and the 28th overall pick that accompanied it, were each early signs of the increasing expectations in Chicago.… read more

More...

LandofLincoln*

Pretty normal draft. First and second round pick wins as far as I am concerned. A miss on a 3rd rounder and very nice hit on 5th rounder Marcus Kruger. Can't really expect to hit on players after the fifth round.

Olsen finally got his chance and looked very good in Florida. Happy to get Versteeg in that trade. Pirri has been as good as advertised and better. He just hasn't blended and I think trading him would be premature. I'm happy with 2009 development of picks to this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad