Confirmed Trade: [CHI/VAN] Ilya Mikheyev (15% retained), Sam Lafferty, 2027 2nd round pick for 2027 4th round pick

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Eh of course Tlusky is going to speak positively of re-signing Guentzel. I'll believe it when I see it.
At this point being so close to July 1 there's no reason to commit.
Maybe the canes should have been more aggressive and locked him up weeks ago, or maybe he always planned on leaving but to Re-sign now would be odd timing, unless he really wants to stay but then you figure a deal would already be done.
Guess we will find out but I'm keeping my fantasy alive that he's a nuck July 1 to hell with any other team.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Good.

I think I knew like 4 players on the Hawks last year.

They need some vets.
At the very worst he's someone that can help Bedard defensively. At best injury related blip of a season and he roars back next year.
He's a nice dude who not once hung his head or threw in the towel during a miserable 50 game stretch.
Loved by his teammates and I hope he finds his game.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Upgraded future 4th to a future 2nd is fine with me

Will Mikheyev be on Hawks or buyout? I assume they want Lafferty back which is why his rights are in there

-- I see it is 2nd year, Ok with him as player so its fine --

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Value seems about right I would say. Good move for Chicago especially, Mikheyev is exactly the type of cap dump they should target. He can play, and play well if he's healthy and actually help them start winning games. And could be a valuable asset to flip in a couple years as well.

Have to wait and see what Vancouver has planned with the cap space. There's some decent moves available to be made, there's also just another Mikheyev type move waiting to happen as well. Guentzel for anything over $9M, or Zadorov $6M will be a significant mistake.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
The Canes are rarely ever that positive when talking about an UFA. Their statements are usually more general.
I'm guessing Jake's camp told Vancouver that they were leaning our way and this is prelude to them upping their offer.

I'd assume it only increased the likelihood we move Nachos Friday and scuttle Van with a counter-offer, weaponizing the 8th year.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
What a terrible signing mikhayev was.
That's usually what happens when guys explode their knee. Up until then he was actually pretty productive.

He is entirely reliant on speed to play his game though, and it all falls apart when he doesn't have it. I could see him bouncing back elsewhere but Van needs to move forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad