Confirmed Trade: [CHI/VAN] Ilya Mikheyev (15% retained), Sam Lafferty, 2027 2nd round pick for 2027 4th round pick

Schennanigans

Dec 26, 2008
Etobicoke, on
1. The players will hate his guts if he doesn't waive and shows up as anything less than playing at the absolute top of his game.

2. He wants another deal and he's already getting 4th line ice and healthy scratched in van. It'll be far more lucrative for him to play top 6 minutes in Chicago than stay on a team where the players resent him and the coach has already been healthy scratching him and putting him on the 4th line.
You’re being over dramatic. They won’t dislike him coming back unless he was already a cancer in the room and that’s not the case. He’s just fell down their depth chart. And that can still change.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Yzerman clearly wasn’t wearing his glasses when the trade contract came in for Walman, cause how do you offer a top 4 defenseman and a 2nd to get rid of 3.4M when Vancouver is getting rid of more for less?

We also see guys go for a 2nd per year so costs actually going down to dump ?

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
I hope Mikheyev invokes his NTC so that the Canes have an easier time locking Guentzel down. It clearly seems like Guentzel is down to Carolina and Vancouver.
I hope Tulisky goes on a fishing trip to the area point break or whatever it's called is set and gets stranded for the next week. Lol

I've had myself convinced Jake will be a nuck for so long that I may not recover.

Totally off topic but I was watching the MCWS and saw the wolfpack incorporate a hockey stick in their home run celebration, is that Canes related?

ColbyChaos

Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Winnipeg is a better landing spot than Chicago at this point. They at least make the playoffs!
And a much worse place to live as evidenced by their prospects and players constantly leaving.

But that is besides the point here. Ilya's time in Chicago could be very short and he has a better chance to raise his stock for a playoff team to want him at the deadline playing with Bedard over wasting away on the 4th line/healthy scratch box for Vancouver and the Jets

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
lol the players will not hate his guts if he doesn't waive. Guy negotiated that clause in good faith and if the team regrets it that is on the team and not the player. I doubt there would be a single player in that room that would fault him for using his negotiated right if he chose too.
I won't say either way for most of the players but EP 100% would.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Chicago is definitely gonna have some speed up front - Mikheyev, Lafferty, Athanasiou, Bedard,
Adding two heavier, fast wingers with plenty of experience is a smart move. These two are proven pros who will help insulate the younger guys coming up during the rebuild. This is one of those both teams get what they need trades. Providing Mikheyev waives, of course.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
And a much worse place to live as evidenced by their prospects and players constantly leaving.

But that is besides the point here. Ilya's time in Chicago could be very short and he has a better chance to raise his stock for a playoff team to want him at the deadline playing with Bedard over wasting away on the 4th line/healthy scratch box for Vancouver and the Jets

I think Winnipeg is a place where you either love or hate. Scheifele, Hellebuyck, DeMelo, Morrissey, and Niederreiter are just a few of the guys who are in the first camp. One benefit to extremely-cold weather is that it tends to keep the riff-raff away and lowers the cost of living relative to the rest of Canada.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad