Confirmed Signing with Link: [CHI] Sam Carrick & Pierre-Cedric Labrie (1 year each)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Carrick might be a decent 4th liner someday. He's got the grit for it and was a leader for the Marlies for a while.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Carrick has a real chance to be a #4 C. I can't believe he never got a fair shot at it with the Leafs.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Does he really or is this going to be another D'Amigo?

He plays a gritty game, is fearless and works the boards well.

He is very energetic and I really liked watching him. Can play the pK too.... will develop into a more complete bottom sixer in Chicago's system

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Borderline 4Cs are so hard to come by. CHI fans must be just blown away at this signing.

Too bad TOR had to dump this guy to make room for all those top 6 guys they've accumulated.

Man are they boned.

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
He plays a gritty game, is fearless and works the boards well.

He is very energetic and I really liked watching him. Can play the pK too.... will develop into a more complete bottom sixer in Chicago's system

He's basically Andrew Shaw lite...very lite obviously. But that's sort of his style of play.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Borderline 4Cs are so hard to come by. CHI fans must be just blown away at this signing.

Too bad TOR had to dump this guy to make room for all those top 6 guys they've accumulated.

Man are they boned.

Like Jeremy Morrin?

Really Leafs fans are trash talking Hawks fans now because they got Austin Mathews and Fredrick Andersen? :laugh:

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Like Jeremy Morrin?

Really Leafs fans are trash talking Hawks fans now because they got Austin Mathews and Fredrick Andersen? :laugh:

Pretty sure that was sarcasm. Also it's "Auston". Wonder why they named him with the O.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Chi will enjoy Carrick. Mostly an ahl guy, but currently is good enough to fill a 4th line role. Scrappy guy, has the ability to put up a few goals too. Good depth signing and insurance against injury

Henchmen 21

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Good for carrick, we have too many young forwards breaking in for him to have returned to the Leafs, He should be in the NHL next October

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Sammy Carrick.

Best of luck to him. For a 5th round pick, he's carved out a nice career for himself.

I can definitely see him playing in the NHL at some point, albeit in a small role (4C). Still an NHLer though.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Lol Labrie again? Leader for RCK though.

Don't know much about Carrick but have heard some OK things, will compete for a 4th line spot no doubt.

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
Carrick will be a great inexpensive option for Chicago, likely help them until the deadline until they add a few guys for the playoffs.

I think he'll get a chance to play, and on a winning team. Great character time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad