Proposal: Chi-mtl

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
So, this idea was presented by Jaeger a CHI poster on our board. He said that hypothetically, Panarin asks for 8x8. Obviously Hawks can't afford that. Sign him to that contract and trade him to MTL for Max Pacioretty. I mean seems like a MTL thing to do to trade their captain after giving it to him, Panarin can go play with Radulov, and Toews gets a player that I think would compliment him well and he's on a pretty good contract. Fire away.

Sign and trades don't happen often, which he said, but still figured I'd bring it to the main board.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
can u throw in a player with size ready for top 6 minutes or top 9 minutes and we give u back shaw?? or some other player.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
So, this idea was presented by Jaeger a CHI poster on our board. He said that hypothetically, Panarin asks for 8x8. Obviously Hawks can't afford that. Sign him to that contract and trade him to MTL for Max Pacioretty. I mean seems like a MTL thing to do to trade their captain after giving it to him, Panarin can go play with Radulov, and Toews gets a player that I think would compliment him well and he's on a pretty good contract. Fire away.

Sign and trades don't happen often, which he said, but still figured I'd bring it to the main board.

wouldnt chi just trade his RFA rights?

CharlesHabsFan

Jun 28, 2012
Sherbrooke, QC
Depends how much the Hawks are willing to add... Panarin for Pacioretty 1 for 1, no way for me. Galchenyuk will be the one to play with Radulov and then we have Plekanec.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Habs can't do it and don't do it
We don't have the capspace
And
Pacioretty at 4.5 million >> Panarin at 8 million

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Habs can't do it and don't do it
We don't have the capspace
And
Pacioretty at 4.5 million >> Panarin at 8 million

panarin at 8 million is absurd. hes played one season enjoying the benefits of arguably the most skilled player on the planet. what would he do with less skilled players. id stick with patches and his sweet cap hit.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Panarin - Galchenyuk - Radulov as a top line is very appealing.
Lehkonen - Shipacyov - Gallagher is a good second line
Shaw - Plekanec - Dadanov (if reports are true) solid third line

I would add for Panarin but then the habs have 6 smaller players in the top 9. Maybe the habs deal Lehkonen (helps the hawks on team control) for a bigger player who can play top 6?

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto

I would add for Panarin but then the habs have 6 smaller players in the top 9. Maybe the habs deal Lehkonen (helps the hawks on team control) for a bigger player who can play top 6?

Lehkonen won't be moved. Management loves him. If we signed Dadanov & Shipachyov then they'd be playing together. I don't see how you manage to afford this.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Montreal has 1.4M in capspace, lol. In any case we're not trading Pacioretty for Panarin.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Lehkonen won't be moved. Management loves him. If we signed Dadanov & Shipachyov then they'd be playing together. I don't see how you manage to afford this.

How can they play together? Unless they both play on the third line. Its from a report in which Dadonov admitted he talked to the habs and couldnt struck a deal cuz of his current contract in the KHL.
The habs can afford both players. Assuming both sign at around 2.5-3M the habs could simply unload a player like Emelin or Plekanec. DD contract is over and im sure hes not part of that foxhole.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Montreal has 1.4M in capspace, lol. In any case we're not trading Pacioretty for Panarin.

thats enough. Plekanec is movable. DD contract is coming of (thank god :)) Emelin is also movable next season.

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
How can they play together? Unless they both play on the third line. Its from a report in which Dadonov admitted he talked to the habs and couldnt struck a deal cuz of his current contract in the KHL.
The habs can afford both players. Assuming both sign at around 2.5-3M the habs could simply unload a player like Emelin or Plekanec. DD contract is over and im sure hes not part of that foxhole.

It's not that easy to do that.

You have to factor in the extensions to Beaulieu & Galchenyuk as well. Galchenyuk is poised to hit the jackpot. The cap space simply isn't there for Montreal to add a $8M winger and add say $6M in Shipachyov/Dadanov.

Chicago wouldn't take Shaw back at $4M either.

We really wouldn't be able to add $14M next summer.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
thats enough. Plekanec is movable. DD contract is coming of (thank god :)) Emelin is also movable next season.

teams arent gonna take on 6M and 4M dollar players a few weeks before training camp, its just unrealistic.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
It's not that easy to do that.

You have to factor in the extensions to Beaulieu & Galchenyuk as well. Galchenyuk is poised to hit the jackpot. The cap space simply isn't there for Montreal to add a $8M winger and add say $6M in Shipachyov/Dadanov.

Chicago wouldn't take Shaw back at $4M either.

We really wouldn't be able to add $14M next summer.

he isnt 8m.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
The premise in this thread is a sign and trade, brother.

Chicago signs him for his $8x8 asking price then moves him to Montreal for Pacioretty.

alright. So its still not adding 14M. Trading Pacs for Panarin would mean the habs take in 3.5 in excess. 3.5+5.5 (shipy and Dadonov)=9M. So they would have to clear 9M + 2 extensions (assuming Radulov extends at the same price).
Those extensions of Galchenyuk and Beaulieu would cause somewhere b/w 7 and 9M. Which ends up at being an excess 3.2 to 6.2M of what they are currently making.
Flynn wont come back (1M), Matteu (0.65M) Gheto ?? (0.65M). Markov might not be back and certainly wont commend 6M. DD is also gone. Thats around 10.5 -12M coming off the books.
Overall, thats 9M+6M-12M= 2M. And the habs currently have 1.5M available. To me that is def doable.

Tl;dr
Add Shipy, Dadonov, Panarin, Sergechev
Substract Matteu, Flynn, DD, Markov, Pacs, and possible one of Plekanec and Emelin.
Extend Galchenyuk and Beaulieu
Worry about Price in 2 years.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
teams arent gonna take on 6M and 4M dollar players a few weeks before training camp, its just unrealistic.

Panarin's contract is finishing next season. So this scenario is for next season.

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
alright. So its still not adding 14M. Trading Pacs for Panarin would mean the habs take in 3.5 in excess. 3.5+5.5 (shipy and Dadonov)=9M. So they would have to clear 9M + 2 extensions (assuming Radulov extends at the same price).
Those extensions of Galchenyuk and Beaulieu would cause somewhere b/w 7 and 9M. Which ends up at being an excess 3.2 to 6.2M of what they are currently making.
Flynn wont come back (1M), Matteu (0.65M) Gheto ?? (0.65M). Markov might not be back and certainly wont commend 6M. DD is also gone. Thats around 10.5 -12M coming off the books.
Overall, thats 9M+6M-12M= 2M. And the habs currently have 1.5M available. To me that is def doable.

Tl;dr
Add Shipy, Dadonov, Panarin, Sergechev
Substract Matteu, Flynn, DD, Markov, Pacs, and possible one of Plekanec and Emelin.
Extend Galchenyuk and Beaulieu
Worry about Price in 2 years.

Markov very likely returns at $3.5M-4M.

This is based on if, ands/but's. It just doesn't make any sense.

It honestly doesn't make us a "better" team.

We still have a hole at 2LW. We have no idea if Radulov will work out.

You need to worry about Price right now. Does this trade put us from strong playoff team to Stanley cup contenders? No, it doesn't. Price is nearing 30. He's entering his prime, he wants to win. We're in trouble in 2 years.

We could have $24M in Galchenyuk, Panarin & Weber who'll decline.

Do you really think bough that Panarin will work under Therrien? The reason he's successful in Chicago is based off of his & Kane's creativity. He won't get that freedom in Montreal. There are so many things to consider + cap implications, it's simply not doable.

The Canadiens need to be VERY careful in the near future. This isn't being that.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Markov very likely returns at $3.5M-4M.

This is based on if, ands/but's. It just doesn't make any sense.

It honestly doesn't make us a "better" team.

We still have a hole at 2LW. We have no idea if Radulov will work out.

You need to worry about Price right now. Does this trade put us from strong playoff team to Stanley cup contenders? No, it doesn't. Price is nearing 30. He's entering his prime, he wants to win. We're in trouble in 2 years.

We could have $24M in Galchenyuk, Panarin & Weber who'll decline.

Do you really think bough that Panarin will work under Therrien? The reason he's successful in Chicago is based off of his & Kane's creativity. He won't get that freedom in Montreal. There are so many things to consider + cap implications, it's simply not doable.

The Canadiens need to be VERY careful in the near future. This isn't being that.

dude it isnt ifs
contracts are done, u replace them with better players. It is quite obvious that Shipy and Dadonov are better than Markov and DD (at a lower price). The question is, is panarin's excess in salary worth more than pacs?? Remember Pacs contract comes up in, what would be, 2 years. So basically ur paying 3.5M more for the next two seasons. After that u basically pay the same exact of money regardless who u keep.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

panarin doesn't get you pacioretty. sorry

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
The 8 million for Panarin was just a guess based on what Gaudreau is rumoured to be demanding.

Basically, any number 7 or above isn't doable for the Blackhawks IMO, not without moving Seabrook which - rightly or wrongly - I don't believe the Hawks brass would choose to do even if they could.

For the Blackhawks who are very much in win-now mode, the fact that Pacioretty only has 3 more years at an affordable contract is fine. The extra money saved to provide depth up front while they have renewed D strength would be worth it.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
The 8 million for Panarin was just a guess based on what Gaudreau is rumoured to be demanding.

Basically, any number 7 or above isn't doable for the Blackhawks IMO, not without moving Seabrook which - rightly or wrongly - I don't believe the Hawks brass would choose to do even if they could.

For the Blackhawks who are very much in win-now mode, the fact that Pacioretty only has 3 more years at an affordable contract is fine. The extra money saved to provide depth up front while they have renewed D strength would be worth it.

Do u have any top six players with size, preferably young, as throw ins??

NHL RankKing

Fantasy Guru
Aug 31, 2013
Hockeytown
www.nhlrankking.com

Isn't this SKA's lineup in St. Petersburg :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad