Proposal: CHI - COL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
To Chicago:
:hawks
-Sam Girard
-Martin Kaut
-the rights to Sean Behrens
-2023 1st round pick
-2024 2nd round pick

To Colorado:
:avs
-Seth Jones
-Caleb Jones
-2022 3rd round pick

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I don't even dislike Jones, and still think he'd be a great player in Colorado (as I thought before he was traded to Chicago). But while I recognize the whole RFA vs. UFA contract thing, I don't think the Avs care to mess up their cap structure by bringing in a defenseman who makes more than Makar, and they can't really afford to pay the right side of their top four $18.5+ million for the next 6+ years anyways. Certainly not with key UFAs upcoming this year that will require some replacement (Kadri, Nuke, Burakovsky), and MacK shortly after that. The Avs' defense will be fine in terms of top end talent with Toews and Makar on the top pairing. If they bring in a defender, they'd be fine with a big #4 calibre RHD IMO. They don't need to go for broke on the back end -- especially with bigger needs elsewhere.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
WTAF is this?

That is all the Avs are getting back for Behrens?

Including the cap dump of an undersized offense only dman does reduce the value, but it can't reduce it that much.

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
The Jones contract isn't that bad. It's situationally bad for both Chicago and Colorado. It's a foundation contract to build around, but becomes an anchor when it's already added to an established foundation (Toews/Kane;MacKinnon/Rantanen/Landeskog/Makar).

It really doesn't hurt Chicago much in two years if they build around him, Toews takes a discount and Kane moves on (or takes a discount).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad