Cheapest Readily Available Ticket to NHL Games in Prague: € 160

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
That sucks for the euro fans.

I imagine tickets are up to cover the cost of whichever team is losing a home game, extra costs to get players there, hotels, food and whatnot.

I know Montreal and Ottawa kinda suck, Ottawa might be a playoff team, but the tickets to their games close to the glass are 2-250 bucks Canadian.

The 300s are around 60-80, but the stupid part is the ticket companies take like a 1/3rd of that.

I think I've seen basketball play games in Europe. Anyone know the cheapest ticket for those games ?

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
It's definitely at a price point where I wouldn't go if it wasn't my team playing. But I don't plan to head out to Buffalo anytime soon and I doubt my next US trip will line up with a west coast trip so this is an opportunity I couldn't pass up.

And yes, I paid a lot less to see Canes-Caps in DC 2 years ago, which is pretty crazy.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Wow, more than I paid for a great seat a couple years back to see Avs vs Sens in Stockholm

Salaries in Sweden are about 4x higher than Czech Republic

Reactions: Faterson

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
It’s a special event, so you get special event pricing.

This is HF, so I am more concerned about the tax implications for players playing in Prague, and whether that affected anyone’s decision to sign with the teams playing there.

Last edited:

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I know, I know... Hockey is a rich folks' game. Strictly upper-class – like polo for the Royal Family. The atmosphere in the arena (half-empty, hopefully) will correspond to that. 🤢
I'm not rich either. I can't afford to go to games now. It is what it is.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
What jerks!

I hope the arena is half-empty at most.

Keep your overpriced games in North America, don't bother to drag your asses over here.

sounds good to me. i hate these overseas games.

you think i want to watch my team play at 1pm and 10am? :shakehead

Reactions: joestevens29

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
So it’s the equivalent of nosebleeds for major hockey markets
Ya I'd love to go for that price.

I wonder what food and beverages are. I think 2 popcorn and two pops was something like 40 bucks at Oiler games and I laugh my ass off as I drank my $15 dollar beer.

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
The cheapest season tickets for Bayern München, one of the biggest football clubs in the world, are 170€. Thats 17 games.

Germany would riot if ticket prices were as expensive for football as they are in the US

Reactions: luiginb

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
What jerks!

I hope the arena is half-empty at most.

Keep your overpriced games in North America, don't bother to drag your asses over here.

I went to all the Oiler games when they came to Europe 10 years ago and prices were steep then as well. Tickets are available but on secondary markets meaning the games are sold out

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
I saw a documentary on Korean baseball and the guy compared the MLB to the opera and the Korean league to a rock show.

If you want a rock show for the price of a uber ride and reasonably priced beer and food it's the local leagues with great fans like the Berlin Polar Bears or Canadian CHL/US college hockey.

The cheapest season tickets for Bayern München, one of the biggest football clubs in the world, are 170€. Thats 17 games.

Germany would riot if ticket prices were as expensive for football as they are in the US

Supply and demand

70k capacity 1.2m tickets
18k capacity 740k tickets

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
Still cheaper then going to any original 6 teams home game.
The average salaries in USD of the original six teams' cities is 2-3x that of Czechia and other similar countries

This isnt that difficult - the NHL is charging North American prices for games theyre bringing to non-North American countries, and ones that are worse off

It isnt hard for these billion-dollar leagues to take a hit on games that are for different causes - isnt it supposed to be in the interest of growing the game? Yet a large majority of the few games will now be priced out of the local market and sold to foreigners visiting (and those foreigners who are already NHL fans)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad