Value of: Chara to EDM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
I feel like Chara could be an excellent addition to the 3rd pair in EDM, providing veteran leadership and some snarl on that 3rd pair and I'd love to see him and Niemelainen just bulldoze the opposition lol.

What would the NYI want?

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Chara isn’t going anywhere outside of the North East but on the off chance he does, nothing in return. If Edmonton does have to send something back, a leftover autographed puck from Jordan Eberle will do.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
As a Ranger fan I am interested, but can we cut the games and just admit that he's gonna wind up on Tampaat the deadline?

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Chara has no ties to Edmonton. No reason for him to go there.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Chara is going nowhere. To the Islanders, he's worth more as a mentor than the late round pick someone might offer.

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Chara isn’t going anywhere outside of the North East but on the off chance he does, nothing in return. If Edmonton does have to send something back, a leftover autographed puck from Jordan Eberle will do.

Will an autographed Eberle hat do instead? I have one of those kicking around the house.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Will an autographed Eberle hat do instead? I have one of those kicking around the house.

If any of you old timers can make it a signed Petr Klima JOFA helmet… Isles will throw in some New York Blue Line Bagels. Done in Edmonton shade of blue and orange nonetheless.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Chara and other respected players probably really want to come play with a class act like Kane right? And live in Edmonton right?

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Why are you guys saying they can have him for free?
We're talking about Holland here, ask for a 1st and take whatever overpayment he counters with.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Why are you guys saying they can have him for free?
We're talking about Holland here, ask for a 1st and take whatever overpayment he counters with.
So you guys don’t try to dump Koskinen, Barrie or any of those other cap wasting contracts on us.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If any of you old timers can make it a signed Petr Klima JOFA helmet… Isles will throw in some New York Blue Line Bagels. Done in Edmonton shade of blue and orange nonetheless.

I’ll raise that to Montreal Fairmount Bagels. :naughty:

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
I'm not even sure if Chara's interested in being traded at the deadline . He might be alright calling it a career on april 29

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I'm not even sure if Chara's interested in being traded at the deadline . He might be alright calling it a career on april 29

Would be nice to see him in one last playoff run TBH.

Send him to Florida to play 3rd pair with Montour (replaces Lucas Carlsson), and potentially win another cup.

Reactions: Isles72

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Would be nice to see him in one last playoff run TBH.

Send him to Florida to play 3rd pair with Montour (replaces Lucas Carlsson), and potentially win another cup.

would also be nice to see him join the isles in some capacity when seasons over .

his attitude and work ethic would be something any team would want their young players to be influenced by

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Chara is going nowhere. To the Islanders, he's worth more as a mentor than the late round pick someone might offer.
He's "worth" even more if they JUST used him as a mentor and not as an anchor holding Dobson back. On-ice? Trade him just to be rid of him. Another gimmick record like Yandle or Marleau.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad