Chaos theory and Canes Games

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GoCanes2015

Oct 14, 2017
"So I was going to go to the TB game but watched it at home instead. We know how it turned out. After the loss, I started feeling guilty that I didn't go, wondering "If I had been there, would I have seen the exact same game I saw on TV, or could I have been that little butterfly flapping it's wings in China that causes a storm halfway around the world?" Please accept my apology for causing the Canes to lose.

But the question still intrigues me. Had I been there, something might have been different? It's not a safe assumption that the exact same game would have played out if I were there, is it?

- Feeling bad in NC

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
"So I was going to go to the TB game but watched it at home instead. We know how it turned out. After the loss, I started feeling guilty that I didn't go, wondering "If I had been there, would I have seen the exact same game I saw on TV, or could I have been that little butterfly flapping it's wings in China that causes a storm halfway around the world?" Please accept my apology for causing the Canes to lose.

But the question still intrigues me. Had I been there, something might have been different? It's not a safe assumption that the exact same game would have played out if I were there, is it?

- Feeling bad in NC

Yup. Your fault.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011

- Feeling bad in NC
I mean, I guess you could have cause a worse loss:dunno:

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
I'm torn now, though. There were games I went to that we won, had I stayed home, we might have lost. If I go to the next game and we lose, I'll feel bad that I didn't stay home. Should I just stand in the parking lot next time?

The true question is what impact does your knowledge of this effect have in the outcome?

Going to the game before you realized your effect caused a win. But now? In terms of quantum entanglement, have you changed the outcome of you attending by observing it?

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
The true question is what impact does your knowledge of this effect have in the outcome?

Going to the game before you realized your effect caused a win. But now? In terms of quantum entanglement, have you changed the outcome of you attending by observing it?
This reminds me of what is possibly my favorite television joke of all time. Futurama was amazing.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC

- Feeling bad in NC

No, but you might have put yourself through intention into a timeline where the Canes won that game. All possible outcomes occur, its just a matter of which one we experience as "reality"

jiitu

Jun 17, 2013
But the question still intrigues me. Had I been there, something might have been different?

Well definitely your precence close to the game would have affected the wave function of the on-ice happening. With at least 10^-25 propability it could have caused the puck to jump over some TB players stick letting a 2 on 1 and giving extra lead. This would have affected the rest of the game.

And only by yelling something rude to opponents goalkeeper, propabilities for this kind of wave function shifts would have increased dramatically.

Basic quantum mechanics. You couls have been the missing element. Although...its all random. Also your final decision not to go. And that could have been caused by me actually by not eating my last sandwich. So in the end...im the quilty i think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad