GWT: Champions League Round of 16

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
Jordi Alba is a disgraceful player. Diver and Cheapshot aertist

I admire Barca press/passing but the diving/acting/whining fo that team is an ABSOLUTE JOKE FOR Football. The refs are scared of them...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwapyK7Rlp4

Why is Flamini a sub? He's useless.El Mohamed is way better than him. OX has been useless...let's start him ..FFS? Put Cambell plz. He's a GAMER.

Big Mert is a joke....diving in middle of the park like a clown...
Girous is an useless tower of ****.

So many wonrgs:(

I hope Bayern win it all....only Robben is a **** on that team.

Last edited:

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Busquets has rarely dove in 8 years. Please stop peddling ungrounded stereotypes.

Yeah, but:

dfgh.jpg

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
But in a winner-take-all final Bayern have a better chance at an upset. :sarcasm:

All the more reason for them not to meet in the final :naughty:

I'm not a Bayern fan, but I'm no longer certain whether it would be more annoying to deal with their fans if they win the CL or to see the backlash against Pep if they don't.

This is a major quandary. I know more annoying pep-bashers than Bayern fans, plus one of the guys I used to watch BuLi games with at the bar in buffalo was a nice Bayern fan; but it's Bayern. They've had enough success with Pep in the BuLi.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
Once you have a reputation as a diver, every rare dive you take will reaffirm that reputation. Please calm down.

Barcelona are the best divers around.

Some people don't really mind as they play beautifull football...

For myself...every time I try to watcvh I get frustrated...so I just switch...

not my cup of tea seeing garbage like that

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yup, par for the course after a barca game...whine about diving. Considering the source one can hardly be surprised as if there's a team that plays a clean game. Get off your high horse loser.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
-Nice away win, but I felt the team never really got into gear. Credit to Arsenal for working as hard as they did to help ensure that was the case, but I think they were way to cautious. While I can understand us being favorites, I can't understand all the talk of a blowout before this match. Anyway, I felt we always looked the better side and while we didn't create as many chances as we have in other matches recently the players should have scored another goal or two. Suarez's lack of finishing these past two matches or so is worrisome. Hopefully he gets a goal on the weekend because I'd hate to see him go through a prolonged drought during the business end of the season. Of course he brings so much else to a match that I suppose I shouldn't be so concerned. Excellent job by Neymar on that first goal as he did the lion's share of the work on that play. Loved that challenge from Mascherano on Oxlade-Chamberlain.

-Amazing the stuff in this thread. Some real gems. Why am I not surprised? Amazing that Busquets is called out as a diver when the guy rarely has dived during his entire career. Better than that though is that he did nothing of the sort in this match and yet the worst offender on the pitch in Alexis Sanchez went down like a sack of suds with barely a single comment. That's not to mention the video posted of Busquets, from a friendly match mind you, where he's clipped by another play while he's going pretty much full speed and is accused of diving. Consider the source I guess. And while the Alba playacting on that one play was awful, Sanchez did nearly the same just minutes before that and again barely a single comment. Also, hopefully that dirty **** Ozil gets his in the away leg.

-Who in their right mind ever decided to employ Steven McManaman as a color commentator much less a commentator at all is beyond me. What I really loved was how the English commentary was going on about how Barça have only beat bottom half of the table sides in La Liga recently, yet a side like Las Palmas to name but one example actually played better and with less fear than Arsenal. Hell, Celta did as well despite the scoreline. And I loved how McManaman was complaining about Dani feigning he was hurt after his calf was caught with studs on a studs up challenge.

-That play in the first half where we got a breakaway wasn't down to Bellerin. Ramsey gave the ball away. Bellerin however despite being one of the fastest players on the pitch just stood there and watched. when he could have easily got back and helped out.

-S E P H is a nutter with avatars that scare me and he's well crazy about that invented back pass, but I will say he's right about Arsenal in the transfer market. Arsenal have largely failed to bring in appropriate players for years and they continue to do so. Even when they bring in the likes of a Sanchez or Ozil, which will only take you so far anyway, they fail to supplement such signings. I'm not sure they could have tempted Laporte, but making a real run for him is at least something. As much as I respect Wenger and as good as he is considering the players he's had to work with for a while now, he holds the club back when he refuses to spend. They've made smart buys over the years, but sometimes you have to splash the cash as well.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Didn't see the other match, but despite the away goals I think it could be tricky for Bayern in the return leg. Juve simply have to win, which while actually not simple, isn't some far flung notion.

Dybala scoring in big match like that is a good sign. Kid is already topping last season which is notable.

Oh, and Juve are definitely a top 8 side in Europe. Serie A is relatively weak league, but Juve are still a top European side right now. They're not top four, but after that you have to start looking them. The problem for them though is that they're an aging side, primarily at the back, and they'll have to deal with that sooner or later.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
While I can understand us being favorites, I can't understand all the talk of a blowout before this match.
Rakitic said before the game they wanted to finish the matchup in the first leg.
You can't have it both ways. Either you're heavy favourites and target a blowout or you're not and then your players are cocky and over-confident.

-That play in the first half where we got a breakaway wasn't down to Bellerin. Ramsey gave the ball away. Bellerin however despite being one of the fastest players on the pitch just stood there and watched. when he could have easily got back and helped out.

Yes it was Bellerin. He started the counter and made an awful pass. 3 seconds later, he was beaten behind his back.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Didn't see the other match

To sum up, Bayern toyed with Juventus for an hour. They should have scored 3, 4 maybe 5 goals.
And then they seemed to become disinterested. They tried to play gimme football without ever trying to be dangerous and Juventus then tried to pressure those midfield balls. Turns out Bayern couldn't do this for 30 minutes witout being in danger and I'd say Juve could even have won it in the end.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Rakitic said before the game they wanted to finish the matchup in the first leg.
You can't have it both ways. Either you're heavy favourites and target a blowout or you're not and then your players are cocky and over-confident.

Huh? Whatever Rakitic said is irrelevant to what you're quoting. I was talking about at least one post I read in this thread, what people have said to me in person and what I've read from other football fans online about the match who thought it'd be a blowout. Again, I never thought it would be. And finishing the tie in the first leg doesn't necessarily equate to a blowout.

Yes it was Bellerin. He started the counter and made an awful pass. 3 seconds later, he was beaten behind his back.

I'm talking about the play in the 45th minute. You can watch it here. At about 44:20 Bellerin passes it to Ramsey who gives it away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad