Confirmed Signing with Link: [CGY] D Zayne Parekh signs ELC with the Flames (3 years, $975k AAV)

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
IMG_0188.gif

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
I really wish the media team didn't go with that picture of him that looks like a mug shot...
He looks like every Cambodian I used to play fighting games with back in the early 2000s.

And then I see hes half Indian and half South Korean lmao

HitterD

Apr 25, 2022
Calgary
Why don't the Flames ever give my boy Oliver Kylington a true opportunity but they're willing to give this Parekh guy so much love?
1. Signing a top prospect to an ELC is extremely normal, not "giving him so much love".

2. Parekh is very unlikely to make the Flames this fall, maybe he will get a few games (up to 9) if he has a great pre-season

3. Most importantly, you couldn't be more off-base on your comment about Kylington opportunity. The Flames gave him every opportunity he earned, and then signed him to a fresh contract. 2 months later Oliver didn't come to camp and didn't play until the final 33 games of that contract. No shade at Oliver either, mental heath is a serious thing but my point is that the Flames did everything right here and protected his privacy throughout (how often does something personal not come out after media keeps prying? The Flames kept Oliver's situation in a vault).

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
I mean he had a better season than drysdale in the O and drysdale played in the nhl right after being 6OA

Drysdale is better a better skater and better transitionally. I also don't remember the same level of skepticism surrounding Drysdale's ability to defend. Parekh is better offensively, but he needs more time to fix the other areas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad