Confirmed Signing with Link: [CGY] D Jonathan Aspirot signs with the Flames (1 year, $775k, two-way)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Still trying to figure these kind of contracts.

What's the purpose for signing a player to an NHL contract as opposed to an AHL contract?

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Still trying to figure these kind of contracts.

What's the purpose for signing a player to an NHL contract as opposed to an AHL contract?
NHL depth, and to obtain their NHL rights.

Aspirot is can play both sides, isn't a liability defensively, has a bit of a mean streak and seemed to break out offensively last season in Calgary.

Contract has no effect on waivers any more (if it ever did) One-Way vs Two-Way NHL Contracts and Waivers Breakdown - Beyond the Glass

The main reason is the player can't join the NHL club (and get paid the league minimum) without an NHL contract. The "two-way contract" only means he's paid differently in the NHL and the AHL.
In the old CBA (one of them), there were recall waivers, but like you said the 1way/2way was irrelevant to waivers. Waivers is based on a combination of signing age, current age and games played and has been for as long as I can remember and I started following the business side more closely about 20 years ago after the 04 run and the subsequent lockout and lost season

Reactions: Jersey Fan 12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad