Confirmed Signing with Link: [CGY] D Jake Bean signs with the Flames (2 years, $1.75M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Jake gets to come home to Calgary. Bonus for Jake is his old man is no longer Calgary Flames President and CEO as he stepped down from the positions on June 3.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
26 year old LHS 3rd pairing dman with 197 NHL games under his belt.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Kylington insurance? I really liked him in junior, but he hasn't really shown to be anything more than a 6 in the NHL.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I think kylington overplayed his hand.

Good signing for the Flames. Should be good depth and insurance.
The Kylington situation just shows you have to treat players who haven't earned it as commodities regardless of what they say. You only show loyalty to players who have shown it to the organization. The only one we owe any loyalty to is Backlund. Kylington should have been signed by the TDL or moved for picks.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
The Kylington situation just shows you have to treat players who haven't earned it as commodities regardless of what they say. You only show loyalty to players who have shown it to the organization. The only one we owe any loyalty to is Backlund. Kylington should have been signed by the TDL or moved for picks.
I think kylington thought he deserved more than the couple of years the flames were offering. I want him back, I think UFA is gong to really humble him on his worth. Teams won’t take a risk on him long term.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
He owes the Flames nothing
We don’t know if Conroy offered him enough

That’s fine for Conroy not wanting to take the risk . It’s also fine for Kylington to walk.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
He owes the Flames nothing
We don’t know if Conroy offered him enough

That’s fine for Conroy not wanting to take the risk . It’s also fine for Kylington to walk.
Did you see me write he owes the Flames? I wrote we should have either signed him by the TDL or traded him. We don't owe him a thing either. We have enough experience with losing guys for nothing that we should know better at this point. Sign by the TDL if you want to be here or move them.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Did you see me write he owes the Flames? I wrote we should have either signed him by the TDL or traded him. We don't owe him a thing either. We have enough experience with losing guys for nothing that we should know better at this point. Sign by the TDL if you want to be here or move them.
No but it sounds like the Flames were expecting something by not trading him

If I misunderstood then don’t worry about it

Khrox

May 31, 2018
No but it sounds like the Flames were expecting something by not trading him

If I misunderstood then don’t worry about it
I mean, most teams wouldn't have given him the opportunity after the first mental health break, and then there was the second one. I support the "treat people well" approach so am not mad about it, but in an industry as cutthroat as professional sports, that isn't really the standard. Supposedly (I've seen it from a few places, but no idea how accurate/reliable they generally are) he wanted long term and higher money, which is where the breakdown was in negotiations.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I mean, most teams wouldn't have given him the opportunity after the first mental health break, and then there was the second one. I support the "treat people well" approach so am not mad about it, but in an industry as cutthroat as professional sports, that isn't really the standard. Supposedly (I've seen it from a few places, but no idea how accurate/reliable they generally are) he wanted long term and higher money, which is where the breakdown was in negotiations.
He had mental health issues, it’s just like physical issues/injuries, I don’t think there is an option of not paying him. Sure they were nice but they are also obligated.

As far as the new deal, both sides are free to walk…..and they do.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Kylington had zero value at the TDL, he had played like 10 games

Frankly he wasn't great the rest of the year, not sure whose going to give him term

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009

Kylington had zero value at the TDL, he had played like 10 games

Frankly he wasn't great the rest of the year, not sure whose going to give him term
That's true. In fact a lot of people weren't even really sure if he would finish the season or have another relapse. I certainly wasn't. Kylington was definitely damaged goods and he still might be. Who really knows. Its not like he was coming back from a broken leg.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I thought he actually played fairly well in Columbus last year. I think this is a good pickup. No way was Columbus going to qualify him for $3.2MM (I believe that is correct). He's a good bottom pair/#7 and when he plays really well, plays like a 2nd pair guy. Had a few injuries that I think impacted his time in Columbus - most specifically the shoulder surgery. Best of luck to him

Reactions: Reinhart

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad