Proposal: Cgy-ari

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wasunder

Aug 21, 2014
I would do it from Calgary's perspective. I think Arizona values Rieder a little more than that though.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Refresh my memory on Rieder again? Whats the situation on his contract asks? Wasn't it really high and his agent talked about offers from Russia?

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Refresh my memory on Rieder again? Whats the situation on his contract asks? Wasn't it really high and his agent talked about offers from Russia?

His agent was apparently going pretty high with his stance - talking Nazem Kadri as a comparable for Rieder and Rieder's next contract. That has softened some, and the story is that Rieder looks to be coming in around the $2.7 M-3.0 M mark AAV. I think that the Coyotes have some offers out there for somewhere in the $2.2-2.5 M range.

The value is actually close, but I think that the Coyotes would prefer a little more offense from a RHS on the RW, as opposed to a LHS in Bouma. Probably at the expense of that high of a draft pick included. 58 P in 154 G for Rieder and Bouma is at 60 P in 243 G.

Too bad Poirier isn't a RHS, otherwise, I would believe that Rieder for Poirier and a mid-round pick (maybe 4th round) would be decent compensation.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
So a good top 9 player, our best goalie prospect and a player with bottom 6 potential for a young top 9 guy and two wasted contract spots?

I'd do Poirier and a 3rd for Reider.

You forgot the word "third" between "our" and "best".

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
You're entitled to your opinion, but I don't think he's below Gillies, and neither are below Ortio in any way. In my opinion, of course.

Ortio isn't a Flames prospect anymore. He's a UFA. Which goes to show how little NHL teams value goalie prospects that aren't Matt Murray type phenoms.

FWIW McDonald is also my favorite between Gillies, Parsons, and McDonald. It's russian roulette on which one of the three becomes an NHLer though.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
Ortio isn't a Flames prospect anymore. He's a UFA. Which goes to show how little NHL teams value goalie prospects that aren't Matt Murray type phenoms.

FWIW McDonald is also my favorite between Gillies, Parsons, and McDonald. It's russian roulette on which one of the three becomes an NHLer though.

I totally forgot that we dropped Ortio, but wasn't high on Parsons personally.

Either way, that counter proposal was just brutal.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I'd do Poirer for Reider and a 3rd.

Why would the Coyotes add a 3rd? :laugh:

Rieder: 69 P in 136 AHL GP, 58 P in 154 NHL GP

Poirier: 75 P in 117 AHL GP, 1 P in 8 NHL GP

I am not saying that Rieder is leaps and bounds ahead of Poirier, but it is also not a scenario where the Coyotes have to add that much to get Poirier either. Does Poirier PK, or is he mainly an offensive catalyst? From the looks of things, Poirier has not been used on the PK in his limited NHL time, and AZ would be giving up one of the better PK wings on the team. If Poirier PKs in the AHL, then it is close, and could almost be a 1-for-1 type of swap.

If not, I can't see Arizona needing to add to Rieder in any way here. But I can imagine that Rieder will get signed once he is done with Team Europe in the World Cup.

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
I'd like to give Bouma another season to see what he really is. The 14/15 Bouma was a pretty good player.

And it's kind of funny that Poirier is becoming the the new Hanowski in Flames fans counter proposals.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Pass, no interest in Rieder at this point. His salary demands just seem to be excessive.

YennoItFlames

Sep 1, 2016
Rieder + 2nd(If Rieder doesn't resign it becomes a 1st) for Bouma/Engelland + Klimchuk/Poirer + 3rd

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Rieder + 2nd(If Rieder doesn't resign it becomes a 1st) for Bouma/Engelland + Klimchuk/Poirer + 3rd

Coyotes first could be very high, deal breaker even as a conditional.

OPs deal is pretty fair, but I'd rather the Coyotes stick to their guns and hold Rieder. So far they have said the same.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I'd like to give Bouma another season to see what he really is. The 14/15 Bouma was a pretty good player.

And it's kind of funny that Poirier is becoming the the new Hanowski in Flames fans counter proposals.

Ya not sure why people want to sell low on poirier. Guy has amazing speed. Could be a very effective middle six winger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad