GDT: Central Division Semifinal GM6 | Wild vs Stars | 8:30pm CDT | TBS, BSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Missing Wild players ……

D70835EA-FC45-47A2-A157-5C58089A99FF.jpeg

7E552712-0072-4B2C-8EC6-61439D0356B2.jpeg

I asked Chat GPT for a poem about the Minnesota Wild winning this playoff series and here is what I got.

It’s a gray April day …..Wild fans feel a stray rain shower

It’s just the hockey gods pissing on you from above … while Dean Evason babbles “should we go with Flower??”

NHL playoffs in the State of Hockey bring all too familiar feelings

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory another Minnesota sports team sent reeling

We fight a mediocre opponent , and against a contender no wins would the stars earn

But soon enough making tee times will be the Wild players only concern

This is Minnesota and for some just making round one will suffice

I say we deserve everything we get , after all…. we’re Minnesota nice

To end my ode …I’ll finish by saying

Miracles do exist , and for a Wild win I’ll be praying

Gratuitous Emma Gif and then to the lineup!

tenor.gif

Tonight’s Lineup
A2C1-MXX_400x400.jpg

2 Iron - Hybrid - Rescue
PW - Driver - Gap
Putter - 7 Iron - Sand W
3 Wood - 4 Iron - 60*W
Bunker
Water Hazard

1200px-Dallas_Stars_logo_%282013%29.svg.png

Kevin Pollock Garrett Rank

That’s all the stars need

IF THIS IS THE END OF OUR WILD SEASON

SO LONG BOYS AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH !!!

Last edited:

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Missing Wild players ……

View attachment 698239

View attachment 698240

I asked Chat GPT for a poem about the Minnesota Wild winning this playoff series and here is what I got.

It’s a gray April day …..Wild fans feel a stray rain shower

It’s just the hockey gods pissing on you from above … while Dean Evason babbles “should we go with Flower??”

NHL playoffs in the State of Hockey bring all too familiar feelings

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory another Minnesota sports team sent reeling

We fight a mediocre opponent , and against a contender no wins would the stars earn

But soon enough making tee times will be the Wild players only concern

This is Minnesota and for some just making round one will suffice

I say we deserve everything we get , after all…. we’re Minnesota nice

To end my ode …I’ll finish by saying

Miracles do exist , and for a Wild win I’ll be praying

Gratuitous Emma Gif and then to the lineup!

tenor.gif

Tonight’s Lineup
A2C1-MXX_400x400.jpg

2 Iron - Hybrid - Rescue
PW - Driver - Gap
Putter - 7 Iron - Sand W
3 Wood - 4 Iron - 60*W
Bunker
Water Hazard

1200px-Dallas_Stars_logo_%282013%29.svg.png

Kevin Pollock Garrett Rank

That’s all the stars need

IF THIS IS THE END OF OUR WILD SEASON

SO LONG BOYS AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH !!!

Okay its definitely a win tonight - you picked my band!

Reactions: TaLoN

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Okay its definitely a win tonight - you picked my band!
I saw them three times in 2019 before covid killed everything. They are defiantly one of my favorites. I prefer an APC show to Tool. I’d really like to see Puscifer but they tour pretty erratically.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
I saw them three times in 2019 before covid killed everything. They are defiantly one of my favorites. I prefer an APC show to Tool. I’d really like to see Puscifer but they tour pretty erratically.
Never seen them live but I remember walking into a CD music store in Singapore with their eMOTIVe album on display for preview listening. With no clue of what it was, it lead me down the APC rabbit hole :) So yeah, definitely prefer APC over the other 2 bands.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Sounds like Zucc isn't playing

Somehow that feels like a good thing, wish they would play Rossi over Reaves though.

This is literally the only change Evason is going to make, I’m guessing:

Kap - Hartman - Nyquist
Johansson - Gaudreau - Boldy
Foligno - Steel - Sundqvist
Duhaime - Dewar - Reaves

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Somehow that feels like a good thing, wish they would play Rossi over Reaves though.

Kap - Hartman - Nyquist
Duhaime - Dewar - Reaves
Not enough change, still hate Freddy in the top 6
Depending on Zucc's gtd...

Kap-Hartman-Nyquist/Boldy
JoJo-Boldy/Freddy-Zucc/Nyquist

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Mer de Noms is an absolute banger, one of my all time favorites. So many fantastic memories of listening to that album and still listen to it quite often. Thirteenth Step was also very good. Emotive, just for what it was, wasn't something that interested me much but there were a couple decent tracks. Eat the Elephant, however, was trash. So extremely dissapointing.

Reactions: Circulartheory

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Just gonna try to enjoy the game. Win or lose, I hope they put up a good fight. If Gus starts, I look forward to a possible Allan Walsh meltdown. If MAF starts, well....it could be his last game should he consider retiring this summer. In that case, it's always special to see the last game of a future HOF, and I hope it's a good one.

Foligno, play disciplined. We know the refs suck, but it is what it is. Can't change it.

Kaprizov and Boldy, DO SOMETHING!!!!!

Zuc, stop the reckless turnovers. Shoot more. Stop passing up better scoring opportunities only to pass it through heavy traffic to a covered teammate.

Mojo, off the PK!

Everyone, stop trying to be cute. We're past that point. Just throw that #!$! at the net and go for the rebound.

If you get a breakaway, SCORE DAMNIT!!

WIN THE FACEOFF!!

STAY OUT OF THE BOX!!!

Faber, you're awesome.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong

Kap - Hartman - Nyquist
Duhaime - Dewar - Reaves
It's always seem to be an injury or trade that forces Evason hand to try a new look. In this case, I'll take it, win or lose, because even in a loss, something might spark and if Evason is here next year, it might force him to try a new line combo again. You know he isn't going to do it on his own...

Reactions: fgobuzz

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Mer de Noms is an absolute banger, one of my all time favorites. So many fantastic memories of listening to that album and still listen to it quite often. Thirteenth Step was also very good. Emotive, just for what it was, wasn't something that interested me much but there were a couple decent tracks. Eat the Elephant, however, was trash. So extremely dissapointing.
I absolutely love Eat the Elephant. I guess I’ve kind of just matured in the same basic direction as Maynard. You really have to completely wipe your expectations blank and just appreciate it as a change of direction a decade after they had really written anything. I had really enjoyed some of the Puscifer stuff so I was prepared for a departure from the norm.

I’ve been a huge Incubus fan since way back in the day also and I compare If Not Know Than When to Eat the Elephant. Both very simplistic efforts but when viewed outside the lense of what you expect from them as artists they totally stand up on their own.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I absolutely love Eat the Elephant. I guess I’ve kind of just matured in the same basic direction as Maynard. You really have to completely wipe your expectations blank and just appreciate it as a change of direction a decade after they had really written anything. I had really enjoyed some of the Puscifer stuff so I was prepared for a departure from the norm.

I’ve been a huge Incubus fan since way back in the day also and I compare If Not Know Than When to Eat the Elephant. Both very simplistic efforts but when viewed outside the lense of what you expect from them as artists they totally stand up on their own.
That's fair, I get why people would like it. I tried, I really did. I've bounced off many albums before and come back to love them. I just can't do it with this, I like nothing about it.

Anywho, I like the GDT. Let's get'r done tonight! Hopefully that new top line sparks something. Stay out of the box!

Reactions: TaLoN

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Who said there's a new top line? Zucc isn't ruled out. But a tough loss for the Wild if he can't go, can't ignore the fact that he's the point leader.

Reactions: HintHI
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad