Confirmed with Link: Celebrate!! Celebrini signed ELC 3 years x $975k ($4.475m AAV with bonuses)

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
So I ordered mine directly from the Sharks store. The tweet below leads me to believe this is the store trying to slam out as many jerseys as they can and just doing a piss poor job on quality control. I'm returning mine and just going to get one direct from Fanatics to see if it's better. There was another tweet out there from Becher I think where they show them pressing the numbers/name plate in real time

The bottom row of Celebrini jerseys range from the numbers touching the bottom stripe to being a few inches above :help: depending on Fanatics vs Adidas

Edit: I guess that could be driven by the size too? I got a medium...maybe I'm too small for the giant numbers to fit correctly

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
So I ordered mine directly from the Sharks store. The tweet below leads me to believe this is the store trying to slam out as many jerseys as they can and just doing a piss poor job on quality control. I'm returning mine and just going to get one direct from Fanatics to see if it's better. There was another tweet out there from Becher I think where they show them pressing the numbers/name plate in real time

The bottom row of Celebrini jerseys range from the numbers touching the bottom stripe to being a few inches above :help: depending on Fanatics vs Adidas

Edit: I guess that could be driven by the size too? I got a medium...maybe I'm too small for the giant numbers to fit correctly

I wish I would have looked at the one I bought before returning it.

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
My very first jersey ever was Toskala and I got it for Christmas. For my birthday a few months later, he was traded :laugh:

I tend to keep them blank now after Boyle got moved 2 years after I got his jersey...Hertl made it a good 8+ years though
I've got a blank traditional teal after I got a Michalek right after his big contract. That one was rough.

I got a MacKinnon in Denver after they won.

Now I have a Celebrini Cali Fin. Figure no matter what happens, he's a big part of history and I got to wear it at the draft. But it's always fraught.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
I have bad luck with jerseys. Bought my little brother a Joe Smith jersey back that summer he was drafted 1OA, for his birthday. :laugh: Until I recently got a Kittle jersey that was on sale, my previous Niners jerseys were Kaepernick and Trey Lance.

Until my Celebrini and Smith knockoffs come in, my only Sharks one with a nameplate is Hertl (all my other Sharks jerseys are blank), which I don't think is too bad. But I've buried that jersey somewhere in the house and won't find it again until he retires. :laugh:

My normal policy of only getting blanks has served me well, but I do think jerseys with the name and number look better. So I've officially scrapped the policy and will simply and happily roll the dice from here on out.

Last edited:

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I have bad luck with jerseys. Bought my little brother a Joe Smith jersey back that summer he was drafted 1OA, for his birthday. :laugh: Until I recently got a Kittle jersey that was on sale, my previous Niners jerseys were Kaepernick and Trey Lance.

Until my Celebrini and Smith knockoffs come in, my only Sharks one with a nameplate is Hertl (all my other Sharks jerseys are blank), which I don't think is too bad. But I've buried that jersey somewhere in the house and won't find it again until he retires. :laugh:

My normal policy of only getting blanks has served me well, but I do think jerseys with the name and number look better. So I've officially scrapped the policy and will simply and happily roll the dice from here on out.
You should do what I do and just get old jerseys with old names. I have an Irbe (obviously), a Garpenlov and a Gaudreau.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
If you get names on jerseys chances are things are going to end badly unless it's something like a national team jersey or the player is an absolute icon like Thornton or Marleau.

My history
  • original black alternate - Michalek. And then he was traded
  • post-lockout black alternate - Murray. And then he was traded
  • post-lockout teal with the shoulder yoke - Vlasic. Still around, but is that really a win? :sarcasm:
  • Adidas of the design before the current one - Kane. Burned his bridges and was cut
  • Retro inaugural jersey (bought around 2011) - Larionov. This one's safe since his tenure was long over when I got it. It got me a thumbs up from Doug Wilson at the last WJCs in Vancouver though :laugh:

I also have a replica of the last design with the orange arm stripes and the year 2000ish version of the pre-lockout design that has metallic silver sleeves instead of gray. Both of those are blank. My plan originally was Hertl on the more modern one and Sturm on the silver sleeves but I've gotten somewhat gunshy there because a) Hertl's gone now and b) I can't exactly replace the other one if something goes wrong in the sewing process and I no longer know the guy at the local hockey shop who does customization (for about 10 years the guy I knew that was the lead customizer dude was a sharks fan so he used to joke about loving when I came in with something because he got to do cool jerseys instead of hundreds of Canucks ones)

If we expand outside of the Sharks I also have a Worcester Sharks black with Couture (that's fine) an assortment of national team jerseys with Sharks (Marleau, Hannan, Sturm, Greiss) or Vancouver Giants (Byram, Gilbert Brule) and a Vancouver Giants jersey with Brule on it that ended up kind of a downer because he busted so hard.

Outside of that I got a Seattle Seahawks jersey when I was a kid with Joey Galloway on it and then he held out and got traded the off-season after I got it. and I have a Vancouver Grizzlies jersey from like 2 years before they moved and a Raptors one with Vince Carter on it and then he got sulky and became detested among Raptors fans.

So basically the lesson is that either you get legends past or future on your jersey or you prepare for the likelihood that you're going to end up wearing something featuring a guy that has an ignominius end to his time with that team. Or you stick to national team jerseys where it's far less likely things go seriously sideways.

I suppose that constant wave of crushing disappointment was just preparing me for being a Sharks fan.

sharks_dynasty

Oct 25, 2006
San Jose, CA
If you get names on jerseys chances are things are going to end badly unless it's something like a national team jersey or the player is an absolute icon like Thornton or Marleau.

My history
  • original black alternate - Michalek. And then he was traded
  • post-lockout black alternate - Murray. And then he was traded
  • post-lockout teal with the shoulder yoke - Vlasic. Still around, but is that really a win? :sarcasm:
  • Adidas of the design before the current one - Kane. Burned his bridges and was cut
  • Retro inaugural jersey (bought around 2011) - Larionov. This one's safe since his tenure was long over when I got it. It got me a thumbs up from Doug Wilson at the last WJCs in Vancouver though :laugh:

I also have a replica of the last design with the orange arm stripes and the year 2000ish version of the pre-lockout design that has metallic silver sleeves instead of gray. Both of those are blank. My plan originally was Hertl on the more modern one and Sturm on the silver sleeves but I've gotten somewhat gunshy there because a) Hertl's gone now and b) I can't exactly replace the other one if something goes wrong in the sewing process and I no longer know the guy at the local hockey shop who does customization (for about 10 years the guy I knew that was the lead customizer dude was a sharks fan so he used to joke about loving when I came in with something because he got to do cool jerseys instead of hundreds of Canucks ones)

If we expand outside of the Sharks I also have a Worcester Sharks black with Couture (that's fine) an assortment of national team jerseys with Sharks (Marleau, Hannan, Sturm, Greiss) or Vancouver Giants (Byram, Gilbert Brule) and a Vancouver Giants jersey with Brule on it that ended up kind of a downer because he busted so hard.

Outside of that I got a Seattle Seahawks jersey when I was a kid with Joey Galloway on it and then he held out and got traded the off-season after I got it. and I have a Vancouver Grizzlies jersey from like 2 years before they moved and a Raptors one with Vince Carter on it and then he got sulky and became detested among Raptors fans.

So basically the lesson is that either you get legends past or future on your jersey or you prepare for the likelihood that you're going to end up wearing something featuring a guy that has an ignominius end to his time with that team. Or you stick to national team jerseys where it's far less likely things go seriously sideways.

I suppose that constant wave of crushing disappointment was just preparing me for being a Sharks fan.
My Jeff Friesen jersey says hello!

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
I haven't decided on my new jersey yet.

Typically I get a numbered/named t shirt and a jersey. My last shirt was pavelski and jersey was Thornton.

I thinking a Celebrini jersey and Smith or Dickenson shirt, but I haven't made up my mind yet. I might change my mind and get an Eklund or Musty shirt. It all depends who I start going ape for.

You gotta give it some time to see who will stick aroundm

I have a friend who got all high on Al Iafrate on the Bruins and begged for that jersey for Christmas at age 13, and his parents wouldn't get him a different one for YEARS after, so seeing him around in that jersey was comical. Iafrate barely played 12 games for the Bruins lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad