Proposal: Cbj-wpg / cbj-tbl

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Pair of moves for the Jackets:

To WPG: Ryan Murray

To CBJ: Jacob Trouba

------

To TBL: David Savard

To CBJ: Tyler Johnson

CBJ Lines:

Saad-Wennberg-Foligno
Hartnell-Johnson-Atkinson
Jenner-Dubinsky-Anderson
Calvert-Karlsson-Gagner

Werenski-Jones
Johnson-Trouba
Nutivaara-Prout

Extras: Sedlak, Harrington

Thoughts?

Edit: this could get a bit tricky with the expansion draft for the Jackets at forward. Would Tampa be interested in adding, say, Jenner? A + would have to be added on Tampa's side (a roster defenseman most likely).

Last edited:

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada

------

CBJ Lines:

Saad-Wennberg-Foligno
Jenner-Dubinsky-Anderson
Calvert-Karlsson-Gagner

Werenski-Jones
Johnson-Trouba
Nutivaara-Prout

Thoughts?

I dont think Jarmo is in a rush to deal with Overcharge again and Winnipeg is probably in no hurry to trade for Murray until he puts some more solid play together

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site

------

CBJ Lines:

Saad-Wennberg-Foligno
Jenner-Dubinsky-Anderson
Calvert-Karlsson-Gagner

Werenski-Jones
Johnson-Trouba
Nutivaara-Prout

Thoughts?

Positionally it works. Won't comment on value, but not bad.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Before giving up Trouba, I would want to see if Ryan can stay healthy and get back on track.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
A 26 year old with a career high of 36 points in 82 games. For comparison Johnson had 38 points in 69 games in his career-worst season.

And then went on to score a ppg in the playoffs. Again.

So yeah, no thanks.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
A 26 year old with a career high of 36 points in 82 games. For comparison Johnson had 38 points in 69 games in his career-worst season.

You do know that Savard is a D-man, right? I'm not pushing you to make a trade, I'm just making sure you know that. A hard minutes d-man should have fewer points than a scoring C.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Ok, would you consider a counteroffer of Savard+Jenner for Johnson+Sustr?

How does that help Tampa? They are trying to shed cap and take on more cap than they send out. No interest in Savard as we most likely won't protect him in the expansion draft so rather keep Sustr who might go undrafted. Jenner has been crap this year so would definitely keep Johnson for another playoff run then trade him in the offseason if we have to.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Ok, would you consider a counteroffer of Savard+Jenner for Johnson+Sustr?

I don't think it's worth it. If they insist a d-man has to outscore Tyler Johnson, then don't bother adding, just give up.

It's also bad value, I think, to move Savard and Jenner together. If they want a 1 for 1 Jenner for Johnson I'm definitely down. I'm not even sure I'd do Savard for Johnson, though. Also don't think Sustr is a fit.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
You do know that Savard is a D-man, right? I'm not pushing you to make a trade, I'm just making sure you know that. A hard minutes d-man should have fewer points than a scoring C.

Sorry assumed he was a forward since the Bolts have no real need for another defenseman and trading Johnson without a replacement would be a significant loss. Savard would be the 4th D at best(Hedman, Stralman, Garrison) and the 2C would then become Filppula(a nightmare scenario) so this really does not work for the Bolts at all.

Doriva

May 6, 2015
Middlesbrough, UK
Sorry assumed he was a forward since the Bolts have no real need for another defenseman and trading Johnson without a replacement would be a significant loss. Savard would be the 4th D at best(Hedman, Stralman, Garrison) and the 2C would then become Filppula(a nightmare scenario) so this really does not work for the Bolts at all.

So after assuming a D-man was a forward, you then make a comment on his quality as a D-man compared to your existing D-men after showing you have no idea about the player in question. Amazing.

:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife

Yup comparing a top 6 forward and a top 4 D by points makes a lot of sense!

For the record, I think Johnson for Savard would be brutal for Tampa

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
So after assuming a D-man was a forward, you then make a comment on his quality as a D-man compared to your existing D-men after showing you have no idea about the player in question. Amazing.

:laugh:

Classic HF tradeboard logic

WhiteWings*

Sep 1, 2016
Trouba-Murray trade would move each of them closer to home. Trouba would join the other two Wolverines in Johnson and Werenski plus he's played with Jones a lot at the wjc when the US won gold.
For those who concerned about Murray's health. He's played 82 games last season, then at the world championship and at the World Cup without problems. He got elbowed to his head by Seabrook this year. Hopefully all of you would be ok playing with broken nose.
Werenski-Jones
Johnson-Trouba
Could have been the 1st ever all-american top-4.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA

You do know one is a defenseman while the other is a forward right. Also again it's only points that matter on what kind of player a guy is

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu

You're right. I don't know much about Savard. So which of Hedman, Stralman and Garrison would he be replacing ? Since you're mocking my player assessment but didn't actually say I was wrong I'd love to hear your opinion. If he's not better than any of those 3 then I'd direct you back to my other comment that you found so amusing.

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
So why are you commenting on player you dont even know what position he plays?

Why does anyone post on the Trade Board when 95% of the time they don't know what they're talking about ? Do you know how many PK minutes Brian Boyle averaged last year compared to Dubinsky ? Nobody does. We all just google **** and post like we knew it all along. At least I'm honest about it.

(And it's 1:44 vs 1:59 apparently)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad