GDT: CBJ vs. Chicago - The No Clever Header Thread - 2/25 7 PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Chicago is a crap team that is carried by a superstar night after night, nothing more, nothing less
And yet we get outplayed night after night, what does that say about Columbus? Should have scored yes but good teams find a way to win and this team just finds Ls

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
Good first period - horrible second - just freakin boring in the 3rd......a zero tie game for a long time, and it wasn’t because of great defense but poor offense.

Reactions: Grouchy

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
Since there wasn’t a GDT, I thought I’d start it.
Tonight’s lines:
Laine - ?? - ??
?? -?? - ??
??-??-??
?? -Nash ??

D Pairings
Start with Jones and mix and match Zach, Gav, Savard, MDZ, Gabe to create your favorite.

Which Jackets will we see tonight? The last game period 1 Jackets or the period 2 & 3 Jackets? Tune in to find out.
“Which Jackets will we see tonight? The last game period 1 Jackets or the period 2 & 3 Jackets? Tune in to find out.”

The Wennberg of old Jackets.

Last edited:
Reactions: MoeBartoli

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
DeWine gave the go-ahead for increased capacity at indoor sporting events today....CBJ won't be pressing those limits. Woof.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
I thought Gavrikov and MDZ were pretty awful tonight.

Other than that I thought we were pretty good. Just didn’t score. It’s no secret we’re not good so I’m not even mad. The rest of the season is getting our young guys in a position to succeed, getting Jones and Werenski going, and getting our trade bait (MDZ, Nash, Savard, maybe Foligno?) going in order to get maximum return.

Also getting Elvis back and having a true battle for the job would be nice too.

The bad news is we don’t even have a draft to fall back on. There won’t be one this year and there’s no help on the way in terms of prospects on the brink of coming up (unless you count Peeke).

Reactions: Columbus Jack

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
All that good sentiment I had after last game's 2nd and 3rd periods is gone. Truly hopeless for this team and season.

puckie

Jan 19, 2020
Domi looks like a shell of player he was 2 years ago. Not sure what is happening in the dudes head, but it is not good.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
He was benched 7-8 minutes before they pulled the goalie

Well he wasn’t going to play PK. So really it was just around 5 minutes. Torts was balancing the minutes tonight, so it’s not benching. For example, the Texier line was probably our best line tonight and got a lot of run.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
DeWine gave the go-ahead for increased capacity at indoor sporting events today....CBJ won't be pressing those limits. Woof.
After seeing this dismal performance I am glad I pushed my season tickets to next year
No way am I attending a game this year to support this slop

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
Domi looks like a shell of player he was 2 years ago. Not sure what is happening in the dudes head, but it is not good.

He’s being coached up “the right way.” Have to learn to grind on the wall, ice the puck, and clog up the neutral zone on defense before you can do any of that fun extracurricular stuff like shooting the puck and possess for more than 3 seconds.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Well he wasn’t going to play PK. So really it was just around 5 minutes. Torts was balancing the minutes tonight, so it’s not benching. For example, the Texier line was probably our best line tonight and got a lot of run.
Which is still frustrating considering everyone knew they weren't going to finish. It's just bad coaching, put your best players on the ice to score not the dudes who have like zero points in the last 10 games. It's not even like their chances were particularly good. He could of even tried Jack back with Laine since Roz was going tonight. I'm not saying Torts is the reason this team sucks but he is making mistakes and it isn't helping.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad