Confirmed with Link: CBJ trade Texier to St Louis for a 2025 4th round pick

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
A) They may not be willing to part with a 3rd for him
B) Its a 4th this year. Thats is more valuable than a 3rd next year because its only a 1 round difference and its a pick this year. Can be used to move up or for a piece and GM will already have several players circled for that pick.
It is not this year.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
So the first of my favorite players is leaving. :thumbd: I'm starting to hate the others, hopefully this helps and they stay. :sarcasm:

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
I will judge the entire body of work. This roster needs to change and freeing up the roster spot and cap space wil help bring in somebody else to change this team.

Somebody has to go and probably multiple somebodies.

A lot of people are understandably emotionally tied to certain players. But this team will never get better if there aren’t drastic changes.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Just to clarify - if it was Tex for a 3rd next year, I'd be a little disappointed 'cause I like him but could live with it. Screwing up the return when there is a clear, measurable, and obvious chart indicating the value is legit f***ing inexcusable.

Reactions: Youngguns80

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
That's pretty f***ing bad.

Tex is a very good bottom 6 forward, who's damn good defensively.

He was one of the guys you keep.

0/1 Don

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
That doesn't mean the Blues would be willing to do that for a 3rd.
Are we so desperate to get rid of effective yet surplus players that we should be giving them away for objectively, conclusively, irrefutably less than their RFA offer sheet compensation?

If we are, this team is turbo-f***ed and there's no reason for hope.

Reactions: domi28

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
Just to clarify - if it was Tex for a 3rd next year, I'd be a little disappointed 'cause I like him but could live with it. Screwing up the return when there is a clear, measurable, and obvious chart indicating the value is legit f***ing inexcusable.
The difference between a 3rd round pick and a 4th round pick is negligible, it’s not that big of a deal.

Reactions: CBJx614

Aaaarrgghh

Jul 17, 2022
I guess Texier told Waddell he needed a fresh start. Still a disappointing return. I had hoped they would use him as a sweetener in a Laine trade or something if they were going to move him.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
That doesn't mean the Blues would be willing to do that for a 3rd.
They clearly thought he was worth it, because literally the very first info we had at all about this was release of the contract info. Settling for less is an extremely bad sign.

You literally could not come up with a more perfect textbook case of Not Getting Proper Value For An Asset. Like, this is an example that could be pointed to for years to show the concept. I'm just relieved it's with something so relatively small.

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
Are we so desperate to get rid of effective yet surplus players that we should be giving them away for objectively, conclusively, irrefutably less than their RFA offer sheet compensation?

If we are, this team is turbo-f***ed and there's no reason for hope.
They just can't keep guys they don't want because they won't get the same pick comp for signing an offer sheet. How was Don supposed to know what St Louis was going to sign him for. He took the best offer. The other option was to let him walk for free if he had no plans to sign him.

Reactions: We Want Ten and LJ7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad