Confirmed with Link: CBJ sign Lukas Sedlak to ELC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer 3m
#CBJ announce the signing of Lukas Sedlak (their fifth pick in the 2011 draft) to a three-year, entry level deal.

Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer 2m
Sedlak, 20, just wrapped up his second season with Chicoutimi (QMJHL). Racked up 32-47-79 and a +25 rating in 98 reg. season games. #CBJ

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
more on him

CBJ Prospects ‏@CBJProspects 15m
2 way center wins faceoffs captain of Czech team at last WJC. Dropped the gloves a few times in JRs think he’s like 6’0 or so

CBJ Prospects ‏@CBJProspects 8m
3rd line PK kinda guy

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I'm a big fan of Sedlak. I think he has far more offensive upside than people give him credit for. He's solid defensively, but he should be able to add skill as well.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Posted this in the prospect forum...

CBJ signed Lukas Sedlak to 3 year entry level deal today. Sedlak is an excellent faceoff guy and likely bottom 6 candidate although he appears to have shown more scoring ability and skill than initially thought when coming over from the Czech Republic. Another depth player in the system with some grit to his game. I believe he was the captain of the Czech Republic WJC team.

Good depth signing and likely to spend all of his entry level deal in the AHL as he continues to refine his game. I like this kid and think there is some upside

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
If he is that..

The next Derek MacKenzie

I will take him and two or three more like him. I kinda got the feeling he may have of a scorer's touch, not that dmac is a slouch just doesn't get many opportunities:yo:

looking at the stats .8 pts per game in Jr., generally transfers to not much ice time in the NHL. I do remember watching Lukas @ rookie camp a couple summers ago and thinking he could be pretty good.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Sedlak was a great pick by Columbus in the late rounds and will be an NHL player in the next 2 or so years. The kid is the epitome of a third line center. He is a two-way player who excels on the PK, while providing gritty play and tons of leadership. He's the type of player who could one day captain the Czech NT and take on either captaincy or alternate captaincy at the NHL level. As long as Columbus develops him as a bottom 6 player he should have no problem making the Blue Jackets before his ELC is done.

Columbus has all sorts of leadership and character players coming through the system right now. Murray, JJ, Jenner, Sedlak and Larkin could all one day take leadership roles with this team. The BJ's are trending upwards and will be in the playoffs within the next two seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad