Proposal: CBJ - Panthers

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Anderson for Dadonov

Anderson is young and big. But I think Columbus will have problems to resign him. Dadonov is signed for another 2 years (past this season) and has good chemistry with Panarin. I think, the trade will help CBJ right now, and Florida in the future.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Anderson for Dadonov

Anderson is young and big. But I think Columbus will have problems to resign him. Dadonov is signed for another 2 years (past this season) and has good chemistry with Panarin. I think, the trade will help CBJ right now, and Florida in the future.

Anderson is signed through the 2019-20 season

Dadonov is 28, Anderson is 23

Anderson is the better player, throw in a first and it's still a no

mod will lock this fantasy trade

Reactions: lilfedor

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

Dadonov is the better player today (27pts in 36 games, basically ppg for the last 20+)
Anderson has more value in the future

I think Dadonov is a player the jackets would love to get, but it would be for picks/prospects not Anderson

Reactions: lilfedor

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

Lol, 5 points in the last 15 games and zero points in his last 8 games, playing on the 1st line, yeah, great player. Dadonov has 6 points in his last 5 games...

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013

Honestly, it’s not as far fetched of a trade as you’re making it out to be. Trying to make the OP feel like getting slapped in the face by saying, “throw in a first and it’s still no”.

Dadanov’s advanced stats are great considering he’s playing for the Panthers. The chemistry with Bread is obviously there from the past as the OP. Andy has fallen off a cliff in terms of production. He’s looked slow and entirely disengaged for awhile now.

It’s an interesting proposal to say the least. The thing that hampers the proposal is the age comparison and contract comparison. It’s early to say if Andy will re sign with us, obviously.. but I could easily see him wanting to test the market when the time comes, especially if he still has the same agent when the time rolls around.

I’m curious to see what other CBJ board members think about this, other than @WerenskiRules.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

This is not true. I tried giving you the benefit of the doubt and was about to say Anderson is the better player but honestly I'm not so sure about that.

The first pet about age is an acceptable argument. I really like Anderson but he is for the most part what he is a 20 goal scorer who may hit 30 a season or two and a 20 assist player. Valuable player for sure, but In his own rights Dadonov is a really good player. Florida is also not a great team. To say you wouldn't trade Anderson for Dadonov and a first from FLA is ridiculous.

Reactions: CBJSTH

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
We know what Dadonov is at his age, cant really say the same about Anderson at 23.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015

Yeah no thanks.

I like Anderson but he’s not “clearly” the better player. They’re two completely different player types. If anything they’re equal or Dadonov with the edge.

Plus Dadonov is signed and who knows what Anderson will sign for. Then, we throw in a possible top 5 pick? Lol go to bed.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Dadonov is definitely interesting, but we kind of need our power forward. I'm not in favor of trading Anderson simply because he's hit a rough patch.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
We know what Dadonov is at his age, cant really say the same about Anderson at 23.

That's what I mean. Right now Dadonov is better. And when Anderson becomes good enough, his current contract will expire, and who knows, what money he demands.

I think, Florida will have better chance to resign him, because of lower taxes and cap.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
That's what I mean. Right now Dadonov is better. And when Anderson becomes good enough, his current contract will expire, and who knows, what money he demands.

I think, Florida will have better chance to resign him, because of lower taxes and cap.
And When Dadonov's contract expies he'll be a UFA, 30+ and who know what contract he'll require to retain as a UFA. Anderson will remain a RFA after this contract and whether he is currently at Dadonov's level or not is somewhat irrelevant as the gap is not so large to lose the cost controlled, lower AAV, younger player. Anderson has all the tools to be a very solid 25+ goal scorer as a power forward that plays in all situations. He's 23 with limited NHL experience and sits a couple point behind Dadonov on the year (slightly larger differential in PPG I recognize) which appears to have been impact primarily by Anderson's recent slow down and Dadonov's recent "hot" streak. Neither of which is the true representation of the player.

This is an easy no from Columbus. Dadonov is a nice player but I prefer the physical presence and skill of Anderson - along with age and contract situation.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
This doesn't feel like a trade to be made during the season. Dadonov clearly has some ideal chemistry with Huberdeau and Barkov.
Anderson has some with his linemates.
Everytime we play CBJ, he is a Panther killer and always seems to score. I think he'd be a great fit on our top line.
Anderson reminds me of a bigger Simmonds.

We do need more net front presence but to trade mid season and possibly lose that chemistry makes want to wait until off-season to do it.

I'd be happy with either player but ultimately think it's a easy yes for me as a Panther fan because of factors mentioned above by @Xoggz22

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Anderson is signed for under 2 million for 2.5 years, dad is signed for 4 million for 2.5 years. Also Anderson is probably better. No way Columbus does this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad