Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] F Kirill Marchenko re-signs with the Blue Jackets (3 years, $3.85M AAV)

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
I watch so little of the Jackets, that my initial reaction was “who?”

Contract seems to be a sweetheart deal though.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
If hes the guy who finds himself with the Gaudreau-Monahan duo he could have himself a real nice sesson. Or even if they bring back the Russian line, there are a couple good positions for him to be in. Think he needs better cardio to not have his ups and downs but the dude can score and we saw some pretty big flashes last year of things we didnt see his rookie year. Can be a solid all around wing with some room to grow still

Reactions: Fro

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Good player

The Jackets have 3 23/24 year olds who are all promising players as secondary depth scorers after core young players in Fantilli, Lindstrom, Kent Johnson & maybe Sillinger

They need to have their established guys live up to their deals

Werenski, Severson, Gaudreau, Monahan, Laine and Gudbranson are guys who will need to be great next year for CBJ to exit their rebuild and make the playoffs

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Good player

The Jackets have 3 23/24 year olds who are all promising players as secondary depth scorers after core young players in Fantilli, Lindstrom, Kent Johnson & maybe Sillinger

They need to have their established guys live up to their deals

Werenski, Severson, Gaudreau, Monahan, Laine and Gudbranson are guys who will need to be great next year for CBJ to exit their rebuild and make the playoffs
Well Werenski has been great atleast. Gudbranson was actually weirdly good last year too, probably because of the boring system. Still dont realistically predict playoffs this year but we need to see some real growth or could be some fireworks next offseason as Waddell has 0 emotional attachment to these guys

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
He looked good when played with Michkov in the MHL, and I'm sure Flyers wouldn't mind to get a scoring LW.
Yeah I also heard he's good friends with Zamula... a trade to Flyers or "MNR" is only a matter of time.

In all seriousness, will be interesting to see how the deal ages. I would have been okay even with 8 years for Marchenko if the AAV was a bit lower than Tippett's 8x6.2M.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
They've got so many bridge deals. If they succeed it's gonna get real expensive in 3 years.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
They've got so many bridge deals. If they succeed it's gonna get real expensive in 3 years.
There is something to be said about playing for your next contract. I feel like the CBJ guys should be incentivized

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad