Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] G Jet Greaves re-signs with the Blue Jackets (2 years, $812.5k AAV, two-way in first year)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Avs2022

Jan 4, 2011
I mean, didn't we all think him signing in Winnipeg was a forgone conclusion?

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
He’s had such a cool origin, too. Columbus found themselves in dire need of a goalie for the prospect tournament in Traverse City a couple years back and signed him in a scramble out of the OHL. He was never expected to amount to much. But he’s kept working and working. The players adore him at every level. And now he’s earned himself what will next year be a one way NHL deal. Amazing.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Sneaky good goalie prospect. Maybe doesn’t have the size to be a star starter but just had a pretty elite season including a good stint in Columbus and an outstanding AHL playoff run.

He's definitely an NHL goalie in some capacity moving forward IMO. Another guy that probably got overlooked because Covid wiped out his last junior season.

Fun fact - he’s named after Jet Li (his middle name).

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
1720903103294.png

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Watched him in the 7 game AHL eastern conference finals against the bears. He was a little shakey to be honest. Thought with stronger goaltending Cleveland takes the bears down and goes to the finals. He's not a bad goalie just looked more like a career AHLer to me than anything.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I just remember this dude having a super human game against the Leafs a few years back

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Watched him in the 7 game AHL eastern conference finals against the bears. He was a little shakey to be honest. Thought with stronger goaltending Cleveland takes the bears down and goes to the finals. He's not a bad goalie just looked more like a career AHLer to me than anything.

Jet stood on his head in the two series before that so he can be excused a couple rough games vs Hershey.

I just remember this dude having a super human game against the Leafs a few years back

That was at the end of the 2022-23 season, a little over a year ago.

Holtbyisms

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Jet stood on his head in the two series before that so he can be excused a couple rough games vs Hershey.

That was at the end of the 2022-23 season, a little over a year ago.
Yeah, I was a little worried coming into the series because they kept referencing "hot goalie" in all my pre games. Like I said I don't think he was bad he's just a little slight and seemed maybe not ready for the moment just yet. He looks a lot like Hunter Shepherd in that way where he could have a really long and successful AHL career but maybe not an NHL goalie.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah, I was a little worried coming into the series because they kept referencing "hot goalie" in all my pre games. Like I said I don't think he was bad he's just a little slight and seemed maybe not ready for the moment just yet. He looks a lot like Hunter Shepherd in that way where he could have a really long and successful AHL career but maybe not an NHL goalie.

That's just the randomness of the position. Jet has also played NHL games where he looks great. I think he's a better goalie technically than Shepard, who forgive me if I'm wrong, was picked apart on far post shots along the ice.

Holtbyisms

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
That's just the randomness of the position. Jet has also played NHL games where he looks great. I think he's a better goalie technically than Shepard, who forgive me if I'm wrong, was picked apart on far post shots along the ice.
Picked apart might be an exaggeration. lol

1000007647.jpg

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Picked apart might be an exaggeration. lol

View attachment 894929
The youngest team in the league took the eventual champs, a team who finish with 23 more points in the regular season to OT of game 7 and Greaves was a huge part of that. A couple bad games doesnt say much. After going down 3-0 Cleveland won the next 3 with Greaves giving up 5 goals, seems like he settled in to me. Hershey scored exactly 1 more goal than Cleveland that round

Reactions: Fro and majormajor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad