Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] F Kent Johnson re-signs with the Blue Jackets (3 years, $1.8M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Friendly Cannon

Jun 10, 2024
Great signing for cbj. Shows KJ’s commitment to the team and he gets a few years of guaranteed money. I was expecting a 1-2 year deal but this is great news for the jackets. Can’t wait to see what he will do with top 6 minutes and power play time.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
But but but the internet told me that KJ was unhappy here/negative asset and we needed to trade a former 5OA for their 4th line aging cap dump, 22 year bust out prospect and a 2026 3rd round pick to them!

This would carry a lot more weight if there wasn't a situation in recent memory where there were rumours about a top 5 pick being unhappy in CBJ, they signed him to a 3 year deal, then he continued to be unhappy and force a trade out of town.

Johnson probably stays, but this is hardly some sort of guarantee he finishes this contract with the Jackets.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
This would carry a lot more weight if there wasn't a situation in recent memory where there were rumours about a top 5 pick being unhappy in CBJ, they signed him to a 3 year deal, then he continued to be unhappy and force a trade out of town.

Johnson probably stays, but this is hardly some sort of guarantee he finishes this contract with the Jackets.
The guy who has quit on every team hes been on? Even when he got what he wanted he was still lazy and the team no longer wanted him, that guy?

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023

You being serious...you are comparing THE DIVA in the league, the one who forced themselves out of LA OF ALL PLACES?!?! to this signing?

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
The guy who has quit on every team hes been on? Even when he got what he wanted he was still lazy and the team no longer wanted him, that guy?

You being serious...you are comparing THE DIVA in the league, the one who forced themselves out of LA OF ALL PLACES?!?! to this signing?

Yes, clearly forced his way out of LA by signing a max length contract there. I know people love to ret-con reality to hate on players that spurned their team, but I don't think having a bad season is the same as quitting on a team. Winnipeg also loved him until he made it clear he wasn't re-signing there.

You also both very clearly danced around the fact that PLD signed a team friendly 3 year deal to make himself more tradeable when he wanted out of CBJ, which is the exact thing you are claiming means Johnson wants to stay.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Yes, clearly forced his way out of LA by signing a max length contract there. I know people love to ret-con reality to hate on players that spurned their team, but I don't think having a bad season is the same as quitting on a team. Winnipeg also loved him until he made it clear he wasn't re-signing there.

You also both very clearly danced around the fact that PLD signed a team friendly 3 year deal to make himself more tradeable when he wanted out of CBJ, which is the exact thing you are claiming means Johnson wants to stay.
Haha you can spin it however you want, he pouted and hasnt played up to his talent anywhere because hes a lazy and selfish player. Unreal talent who should be significantly more than he is. You can pretend he is a great guy for signing that contract but he followed that up with "the shift"

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
This contract certainly doesn’t smell like “I want out of this place as fast as possible so I’m gonna extract my pound and then bolt”.

It seems like exact opposite…more like “Pat, I just want to focus on hockey and the team, just get this done so I can prove myself and not have any distractions the next few years…”

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

:facepalm:
And here I thought Habs fans had largely soured on PLD and no longer thirsted for him after his quitting on three NHL teams and a junior team. Guess some of y'all are still holding out. How about y'all leave us alone and go pester the Caps fans; they've got your bae and they deserve it after their team killed CapFriendly.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
And they maintain his RFA rights. Either his injury is worse than we know or his agent is not great

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad