Waived: [CBJ] D Adam Boqvist placed on waivers by the Blue Jackets for the purpose of buyout

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
This past summer felt like the 1st time he really took offseason training serious and still struggled staying healthy. I think hes headed in the right direction though, if whoever signs him actually uses him to his strengths they wont be disappointed

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
How To Make Boqvist Useful:
  1. Pair him with a shutdown guy.
  2. Give him #1 minutes on the power play.
  3. Pray that he isn't injured further.
We'd sometimes do #2 (particularly when Werenski was out), but our prayers in #3 were never answered, and we didn't have enough shutdown guys to do #1. Get a better fit and some injury luck and he should be a useful contributor.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
How To Make Boqvist Useful:
  1. Pair him with a shutdown guy.
  2. Give him #1 minutes on the power play.
  3. Pray that he isn't injured further.
We'd sometimes do #2 (particularly when Werenski was out), but our prayers in #3 were never answered, and we didn't have enough shutdown guys to do #1. Get a better fit and some injury luck and he should be a useful contributor.
Really want Sens to take a look with him then. Reunite Zub with Chabot, and run Sanderson-Boqvist.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
He'd a youngish RHD, which is in enoigh demand that he will get a shot with SOMEONE, but I'd be hesitant to give him more than a 1M 'prove it' contract

Reactions: Blueston

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Why do the Blue Jackets need to buy this guy out? Don’t they have like $20M in cap space?

I think they want to fix their defense. They're letting go of the guys who aren't strong back there. Boqvist, Bean and Nylander all on the outs. I think Boqvist can find a nice situation and flourish (if healthy - which is an issue).

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think they want to fix their defense. They're letting go of the guys who aren't strong back there. Boqvist, Bean and Nylander all on the outs. I think Boqvist can find a nice situation and flourish (if healthy - which is an issue).
Plus it gives the kid a chance to figure it out elsewhere. I’m sure Waddell called around but seems like no takers at a $1.3 mill cap hit and $1.6 mill salary.

Reactions: PenguinSuitedUp

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $15,750.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 2