Value of: Cayden Primeau

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Philly has 3 on roster already and one of them (Ersson) even younger than Primeau. Hart only 1 yr older.
Plus goalie pipeline is full Kolosov, Yevragin, Bjarnason.

if they had any interest at all in Primeau who was right there in their yard, Philly would not have giving away their last pick to the Habs.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
You’re not getting more than a 5th for him and I don’t see why anyone would waste a pick on him
I figure if someone wants him and wants to be sure to get him, a middling pick isn't much of a price to pay to avoid just praying to get him off waivers.

A 4th or 5th was basically my expectation. I figure his biggest value is giving Habs management a little negotiation power while extending Montembeault.

Philly has 3 on roster already and one of them (Ersson) even younger than Primeau. Hart only 1 yr older.
Plus goalie pipeline is full Kolosov, Yevragin, Bjarnason.

if they had any interest at all in Primeau who was right there in their yard, Philly would not have giving away their last pick to the Habs.
I'm not the one suggesting Flyers are a fit...

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
I figure if someone wants him and wants to be sure to get him, a middling pick isn't much of a price to pay to avoid just praying to get him off waivers.

A 4th or 5th was basically my expectation. I figure his biggest value is giving Habs management a little negotiation power while extending Montembeault.

I'm not the one suggesting Flyers are a fit...
But are you suggesting he will be on waivers? even a middling pick will be too much of a price in that case.

Some teams might be tempted to take him on waivers but just wanted to tell you as OP Philly most probably not interested.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I assume that they need to sign Monty first, but if teams are merely waiting for him to hit waivers, likely a 5th is the sunshine side.
If a team was truly interested beyond waivers, a 5th-7th isn't much to pay.

Reactions: Whalers Fan

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
Primeau isn't an NHL-calibre goalie so I doubt he has much value beyond being a potential reclamation project.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
This isn't going to end well.

As stated above Primeau hasn't played much, has been sub-par (until very recently) with the starts he's got, and doesn't have the draft pedigree to command much in a trade.

On the flip side, Montreal has had him in the system for a while and clearly values him at some level, so a mid-late round pick, especially with the draft capital and prospects Montreal has isn't worth it.

My guess is they sign Monty, trade Jake, and keep Primeau. If they move Primeau, it only makes sense for another prospect who they believe in, but hasn't proven much yet.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Heck, I'd even pay to get rid of Allen !
Give Monty/Primeau some experience while it doesn't count.
They'll have more value when Fowler shows up...
That's what I'd do, too, but (spoiler!) I'm not Kent Hughes.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Fowler and Miller are 3 yrs younger than Dobes. That next wave is still far away. Hype will grow as BC has great roster. Just like Primeau.

Chose

Loyal Habs fan
Aug 4, 2022
Montréal
Fowler and Miller are 3 yrs younger than Dobes. That next wave is still far away. Hype will grow as BC has great roster. Just like Primeau.
I don't see a problem running Monty/Primeau for the time it takes. They are still young, and will be serviceable until Fowler & Miller show up.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
This would be the best thing that could happen for the Habs.
Not pay because Allen has some value.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
This would be the best thing that could happen for the Habs.
Not pay because Allen has some value.
It's likely to be a bit of a sideways move, salary wise.
Allen for Foegole and a 3d or something like that.

• Haha
Reactions: spaghtti

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad