Caufield 16G in his last 18GP

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Dating back to last year.....Thats one hell of a streak. Whos the last to do that? Matthews?

Looks like he'll be a Rocket contender the way things are going. Its gonna be a long season in Montreal, but at least a few bright spots to follow.

314 SOG last season.... when you shoot lots, you score lots. Everyone who had 290+ SOG had 40+ goals except for B.Tkachuk (37) and Caufield (28).

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Pure goal scorer score goals in sequence. Caufield is in a good one right now. He’ll have harder stretches of games when pucks doesn’t go in.

At the end of the year, it’ll all even out. He’s probably good for 40+ if he stay healthy this year

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
He was coming off a shoulder surgery a couple offseasons ago and he didn't quite look like himself afterwards.

He won't keep up this particular pace, but it looks like caufield is back.

Reactions: hn777

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
impressive but super small sample size and very unsustainable shooting %. Will probably finish around 40 goals unless he starts to put more pucks on net once his Shooting % stabilizes.

To answer your question, Stamkos scored 16 in 17 games from March 14th - April 17th last year. Not a super rare thing.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
He’s scoring like he was prior to his shoulder surgery. It seems like he’s finally getting that zip back that he had prior to the surgery. I’m guessing his arm strength wasnt up to snuff most of last season hence the good but not great goal total. He does really look like a strong candidate for 50+ goals

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
impressive but super small sample size and very unsustainable shooting %. Will probably finish around 40 goals unless he starts to put more pucks on net once his Shooting % stabilizes.

To answer your question, Stamkos scored 16 in 17 games from March 14th - April 17th last year. Not a super rare thing.

Definitely won't keep up that shooting percentage but he is also coming off a career low shooting percentage last year after the shoulder surgery.

I think it will be higher than last year.

Grate n Colorful Oz

The Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Pure goal scorer score goals in sequence. Caufield is in a good one right now. He’ll have harder stretches of games when pucks doesn’t go in.

At the end of the year, it’ll all even out. He’s probably good for 40+ if he stay healthy this year

Aside from his shoulder surgery rehab season last year, Caufield was a pretty consistent scorer. He scored regularly, not in bunches.

From the moment MSL took control of the bench up to Cole's surgery, he had 48 goals in 83 games, and those goals were pretty evenly spaced throughout games.

It's just a matter of games until he hits 40 and a matter of time until he gets 50.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Definitely won't keep up that shooting percentage but he is also coming off a career low shooting percentage last year after the shoulder surgery.

I think it will be higher than last year.
in 2023 when he scored 26 in 46 he had a 16.5% shooting%. You apply that shooting% to his shot volume so far and it would have him on pace for 39 goals over 82 games. Even if he finishes around 20% where other elite shooters are (Matthews, Draisaitl ect) it would still only have him on pace for 47 goals.
He's not sniffing the rocket unless he starts putting the puck on net more.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
in 2023 when he scored 26 in 46 he had a 16.5% shooting%. You apply that shooting% to his shot volume so far and it would have him on pace for 39 goals over 82 games. Even if he finishes around 20% where other elite shooters are (Matthews, Draisaitl ect) it would still only have him on pace for 47 goals.
Rocket is an extremely long shot
Id be thrilled with 40+. Last hab to score that in a season I dont even remember

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

I never brought up the rocket. The only context I'm providing is that he looked off last year and now he seems to be back.

I think it's reasonable to expect that he will surpass his total from last year quite easily.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
its been a tough go, over 30 years. Pacioretty I believe had 37 and 39 goal seasons.

Pacioretty was an interesting one. I don't recall him being a great power play player, but I think he was one of the very best even strength scorers at that time.

Grate n Colorful Oz

The Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Pacioretty was an interesting one. I don't recall him being a great power play player, but I think he was one of the very best even strength scorers at that time.

Because he had Markov and Subban feeding him off the rush. IIRC, the duo combined for assists on more than 60% of Pac's goals in the time we had both Ds in the lineup.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

Okay, maybe not super rare, but if Cole stays hot his scoring could be served medium-rare. The steaks are high this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad