Value of: Carson Soucy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Is he even available?
If so what kind of return would he warrant?

Seems like he'd be a great fit on the Leafs
- big
- physical
- can play both sides
- penalty killer
- good defensive analytics
- has term

Reactions: Doubledose

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
From an Oiler POV, I'd offer up Samorukov and a late mid round pick.

Although I see Samo growing into the exact same type of player in about 2 or 3 seasons, I'd rather have the Oil have Nurse and Soucy locked in and ready to play big minutes, while breaking in Broberg vs. trying to get Broberg and Samo up to speed NHL at the same time.

Add in the fact he's a local kid, and it's an easy fit.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
None of those players are worth Holloway or Broberg or Bourgault. That is absurd.

If you want all 3 of those Kraken players then yes it'll cost something really good. Seattle has no reason to trade 3 contributing pieces for lesser players or picks.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
He just accidentally kicked a goal into his own net, so he's worth maybe a 3rd now.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
If you want all 3 of those Kraken players then yes it'll cost something really good. Seattle has no reason to trade 3 contributing pieces for lesser players or picks.

Driedger isn't doing much but being an overpaid backup. I don't know if he is the right guy for Edmonton considering their defensive woes.

I have time for Soucy and Appleton for sure, but even those two together don't land you anyone's top prospects. Just my opinion though.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Pens offer a 2nd at 50% retention.
Will pass. He is signed at only 2.75M for one more year and expecting the Kraken to retain on that is not practical for us just to get a 2nd. A late one at that. Do keep in mind that there is little interest or need for us to move Soucy.

Heck, I value Soucy high enough that I wouldn't move him for a 2nd even without retention. You want us to retain 50% on him, we will want a 1st round pick.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Stand firm Kraken fans
giphy.gif

Reactions: banks and miscs75

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
From the leafs 2022 1st + Nick Ritchie

If you're trying to throw Ritchie in the deal there has to be an add to it. I think Seattle would probably prefer to retain on Soucy than to take Ritchie back unless the add is worth it, they'll also want an add for retaining but it would be less than taking back that contract.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
If you're trying to throw Ritchie in the deal there has to be an add to it. I think Seattle would probably prefer to retain on Soucy than to take Ritchie back unless the add is worth it, they'll also want an add for retaining but it would be less than taking back that contract.

Offering a 1st is the add…

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Realistically from LA, something like Lias Andersson or Carl Grundstrom + 2nd or Tyler Madden + 3rd. I think Soucy is exactly the type of player LA should be looking for, even if they also acquire Chychrun.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Offering a 1st is the add…
Soucy on his own should net us a early to mid 2nd round pick. Taking on Nick Ritchie and his contract to bump that up to a late 1st round pick is too rich for my blood.

I would rather move Soucy on his own or just hold-off for a better return. I am not opposed to keeping Soucy for next season as well and maybe just moving at the TDL then.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Soucy on his own should net us a early to mid 2nd round pick. Taking on Nick Ritchie and his contract to bump that up to a late 1st round pick is too rich for my blood.

I would rather move Soucy on his own or just hold-off for a better return. I am not opposed to keeping Soucy for next season as well and maybe just moving at the TDL then.

Seattle might be better served to actually take Ritchie and try to revitalize him, young enough to carry forward or liquidate again if he has a good successful season.

Seattle has a lot of UFA and guys they're likely to sell anyway and will need to field some NHLers.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Seattle might be better served to actually take Ritchie and try to revitalize him, young enough to carry forward or liquidate again if he has a good successful season.

Seattle has a lot of UFA and guys they're likely to sell anyway and will need to field some NHLers.
Oh. Don't get me wrong. I have no issue with taking on Ritchie for the exact same reasons as you pointed out. But, I am not sure getting him in the return for Soucy is in the best interests of the Kraken.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad