Value of: Carson Soucy + Mason Appleton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
1st youngish roster player and b prospect.
So for the leafs 2022 1st dermott, Abramov or Sda.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Your entitled to your opinion but I've said somthing similar in two threads. You call it copy and paste, I call it consistency.
So let me get this straight...
CHiarot, who's a much better dman than Soucy, wouldn't fetch a 2nd rd pick...

BUT, somehow, Soucy and Appleton (4th lienr) fetches a 1st, roster player and a B prospect...
Yeah... right...

Reactions: Prairie Habs

D00bis

Jan 15, 2019
neither of these guys have the stats that scream "they can be elite any day now" probably why the kraken fans are testing the water but dont be surprised at the underwhelming offers. mediocre attracks mediocre

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
So let me get this straight...
CHiarot, who's a much better dman than Soucy, wouldn't fetch a 2nd rd pick...

BUT, somehow, Soucy and Appleton (4th lienr) fetches a 1st, roster player and a B prospect...
Yeah... right...

Apples to Oranges.

Soucy is signed though next season and is 27 years old.

Chiarot is going to be 31 this season and is a pure rental.

Soucy is +7 on a bad Seattle team.

Chiarot is -20 on a bad Montreal team.

People push the narrative here that Soucy is a 6th defenseman, but that doesn't really tell the story.

Soucy has played mostly with Dunn, Giordano, and Oleksiak at even strength, and none of those pairings have been deployed like traditional bottom pairings.

You believe Chiarot is a much better player, but given age, contract status and current play, I'd take Soucy.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Soucy is a #5, possibly a #4. If he's a #6 you have a really strong D. Appleton adds little.

Last edited:

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Apples to Oranges.

People push the narrative here that Soucy is a 6th defenseman, but that doesn't really tell the story.

Soucy has played mostly with Dunn, Giordano, and Oleksiak at even strength, and none of those pairings have been deployed like traditional bottom pairings.

You believe Chiarot is a much better player, but given age, contract status and current play, I'd take Soucy.

Bruins offer Forbort, Smith, DeBrusk and '22 #1
'23 #2.

How's them Appleton's...lol.

ChazzMichaelMichaels

Jul 10, 2014
Apples to Oranges.

You're telling me you missed a clear chance at

"Appleton to Oranges"

In this thread?

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
You're telling me you missed a clear chance at

"Appleton to Oranges"

In this thread?

Oh, I originally typed Apple(tons) to Oranges, but I removed it before posting.

A few years ago I would have left it, but I no longer have faith in the ability of the new generation of posters to appreciate a good pun.

It is yet another sign our society is slipping into dark times....

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
For the many who want to ship Dermott to Seattle for whomever they want from the Kraken, ship him a little further west. To say, the middle of the Pacific Ocean (life raft available for future considerations).

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think Appleton would do well on a new team depending on where that is, but I think Seattle should be a lot wiser with him but the Jets would love to have him back.

Other than that, Soucy has shown to be solid with Seattle and they should hold onto him.

Reactions: sigma six

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I think Appleton might thrive on a better team, but I hope that the Kraken keep Soucy long term. He is among a handful of players on the team who has steadily improved.

Reactions: BKarchitect

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad