Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] D Alexandre Carrier re-signs with the Predators (3 years, $3.75M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
As long as we add a few defensemen better than him I won't mind it. We need to improve our D badly, but glad to see we're re-signing our drafted guys instead of tossing them out.

They probably really wanted the Skjei-Pesce pair, but Pesce looks like he's going to the Devils, so Carrier it is for them. I still wouldn't be shocked if the Preds sign Skjei tomorrow.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
As long as this is a depth move, great to have him back. But we HAVE to still bring in an upgrade, I'll be really bummed if this is the big move on defense.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I really doubt this is the only move we make on defense guys, hardly the time to worry, free agency hasn't even begun yet.
We are Preds fans, there is no worry. We just assume that most of who we get, if we get anyone at all, is not going to be that great. You should know our history is full of " we tried but the deals just weren't there " while we get some washed up project they try to spin as a great Vet signing.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I’m so sick of these status quo moves. No matter how you swing it. Signing carrier would be a move that keeps you in the mushy middle. Unless fabbro is in a package being traded this signing makes zero sense

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I won't say he stinks, he's just mediocre and a guy you would prefer to upgrade.
He would be ok as a #5/6 guy you weren’t committed to for term or $$$ … as long as you had enough size and defensive acumen elsewhere in the lineup.

The problem for the Preds is they play him more minutes, harder minutes, and probably are about to commit term, $$$, and playing time to him at a level which goes far beyond his capabilities again.

I would much rather the Preds just let him walk. They need to upgrade on D, running the same overmatched guys back out there isn’t going to help the team get better. :(

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Boo. Especially since the Preds had such a big UFA day and this dumb contract puts them over the Cap now. :rolleyes:

Carrier should be a "filler" guy you sign for 1-year and $2-2.5M at most, but you don't give him this much. ESPECIALLY if you're already capped out. Just find somebody for close to the league minimum who is a desperate "leftover" or high end tweener, that guy will be just as good as Carrier.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00