GDT: Carolina @ Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
Jeff Skinner - Eric Staal - Tuomo Ruutu
Nathan Gerbe - Jordan Staal - Elias Lindholm
Jiri Tlusty - Riley Nash - Pat Dwyer
Kevin Westgarth - Manny Malhotra - Radek Dvorak

Andrej Sekera - Justin Faulk
Ron Hainsey - Ryan Murphy
Jay Harrison - Tim Gleason

Cam Ward
Justin Peters

Taylor Hall - Sam Gagner - Nail Yakupov
David Perron - RNH - Jordan Eberle
Ryan Smyth - Mark Arcobello - Ales Hemsky
Ryan Jones - Anton Lander - Luke Gazdic

Andrew Ference - Justin Schultz
Martin Marincin - Jeff Petry
Nick Schultz - Anton Belov

Devan Dubnyk​

I'll add more throughout the day but I just wanted to get this up first.

get tanked

Apr 8, 2011
Rofleigh
Gonna try to be scientific about this one.

Vancouver -- 2.36 GA/G
Edmonton -- 3.36 GA/G

5-1 loss, if my math is correct.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Westgarth needs to be stopped. Bring back Boychuk! There's just no reason to squash their offensive (and defensive) upside with him.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Westgarth needs to be stopped. Bring back Boychuk! There's just no reason to squash their offensive (and defensive) upside with him.

While that line has actually had a decent forecheck the last two games and he's had a couple of "scoring chances", there is no value in having Westy out there. I like the guy, but he's gone soft and brings literally nothing to the roster. I resisted the hate long enough, but he's gotta go :(

Last edited:

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
It isn't about hate. Or even disliking him as an enforcer. It's that he doesn't fit the system anymore. The Canes need that fourth line to be a factor in the game. Dvorak and Malhotra are meaningful contributers, so asking them to play with a hand tied behind their backs seems like a mistake.

If it were Westgarth/Welsh/Joslin, then it wouldn't be a big deal.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Who thought at any point in time we'd be begging to get DrayBo and Bellemore back in the lineup from injury and it would actually make the team better?

Bourdon101

Jul 21, 2012
Hello, habs fan here. I just got Semin in a fantasy league, when is he approimatively coming back? Thanks in advance.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Hello, habs fan here. I just got Semin in a fantasy league, when is he approimatively coming back? Thanks in advance.

Nobody knows for sure. He is skating but with a non-contact jersey so we "assume" he isn't far off, but don't know for sure.

Bourdon101

Jul 21, 2012
Nobody knows for sure. He is skating but with a non-contact jersey so we "assume" he isn't far off, but don't know for sure.

Thanks, I figured he would come back after the road trip but you're right, concussion is unpredictable and you dont want to rush anything like with Granlund.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
It isn't about hate. Or even disliking him as an enforcer. It's that he doesn't fit the system anymore. The Canes need that fourth line to be a factor in the game. Dvorak and Malhotra are meaningful contributers, so asking them to play with a hand tied behind their backs seems like a mistake.

If it were Westgarth/Welsh/Joslin, then it wouldn't be a big deal.

I wasn't directing the hate comment toward you. Full agreement with this post.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
Thanks, I figured he would come back after the road trip but you're right, concussion is unpredictable and you dont want to rush anything like with Granlund.

oh he likely feels pressure to get back sooner than he should and I think he wasn't "100%" still coming into this season from his last concussion. it is difficult to say for sure I guess but I wouldn't expect him to be a big producer for you this year really.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
Westgarth may be a terrific guy but as a hockey player he doesn't belong on any team in the NHL anymore. him and players like him are virtually done. no one can argue that having anyone else like Boychuk for example wouldn't be better for the team. maybe they can find an office job for Westgarth in PR or fund raising or something.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
the Oilers nor the Flames will be pushovers IMO. they have laid a whooping on some top teams. hopefully we see them allowed to free wheel some tonight for a change.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I remember this one time we beat Edmonton and we won this big silver thing. It was pretty cool.

Sadly, too many people mistook it for a spitoon and we haven't won it since. :shakehead

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
Epic SCF rematch.

jfwp :)

hey CI have fun at the game if you are still going :). it snuck up so fast I forgot to get tics.

so they last played the Oilers in Dec. 2011 and beat them 5-3. Skinner and Chad the stars. this could be a high scoring game for both teams. I hope Muller opens it up against the weak Oiler D. 6-4 either way.

Last edited:

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
I want to watch, but I need to study for tomorrow morning's exam. Logically, one would assume that I'd be productive at studying now to have free time later, but...well...:laugh:

So I'm going to try to study now and watch the game later. Sold.:yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad