Player Discussion Carey Price - Why Always Me? Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Why would Philly take them?

Price becomes the goalie they never had, Pacioretty will compliment the top line with 2 great playmakers. Philadelphia also has the cap space to trade for another forward.

Just trying to find a place for Price and adding Max to it retained might be tempting.

Reactions: nhlfan9191

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Where’d you go? Feels like it’s been a long time since I’ve seen you around.
I lost interest in hockey around November. I haven't watched a full game all year. I don't think I've missed much. If the Oilers were good it might be a different story but nobody cares about hockey in town here either. Sucks.

Reactions: nhlfan9191

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Physically, he looks as good as ever. It's all mental right now IMO. I think there are teams that would roll the dice on him, especially those who don't do great attracting FA and have cap space to burn. Heck wouldn't the Isles like him? Would show Tavares commitment to winning as well.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I lost interest in hockey around November. I haven't watched a full game all year. I don't think I've missed much.

You haven’t missed anything is an understatement. These boards have been a circus as a result of it so I don’t blame you.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Tavares would be insane to come to Montreal. He can get that money elsewhere.
If Tavares is going to sign with a Cup con
Physically, he looks as good as ever. It's all mental right now IMO. I think there are teams that would roll the dice on him, especially those who don't do great attracting FA and have cap space to burn. Heck wouldn't the Isles like him? Would show Tavares commitment to winning as well.
I believe since his knee surgery, his push off with his left leg isn’t as quick as it ought to be and teams are shooting to his stick side and scoring more often.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
If Tavares is going to sign with a Cup con

I believe since his knee surgery, his push off with his left leg isn’t as quick as it ought to be and teams are shooting to his stick side and scoring more often.

Price never had knee surgery. They did everything possible to avoid that as surgery can often make things worse in the long term.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
The Islanders need much help to make the playoffs so expect Garth Snow to make a blockbuster trade with either the Habs (Patch/Price), Sabres (Evander Kane), Canucks (Sedins).

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Just read this thread from start to finish and then hop over to the Bergevin thread. You’ll get a good laugh.
The Habs lost 6-3 to the Las Vegas Golden Knights tonight. Wonder if the
Knights will win the Cup in its inaugural season?

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
The Habs lost 6-3 to the Las Vegas Golden Knights tonight. Wonder if the
Knights will win the Cup in its inaugural season?

It’s like the Ottawa Redblacks winning the Grey Cup in its second season while the more established Blue Bombers haven’t drank from the Cup since 1990.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Just wondering....what kind of a competitor are you when you sign while having no f***ing clue where this team is headed? The guy is so disconnected from this market....all great to know that you were just given the biggeste contract ever....but as a competitor, you would not accept 1M$ less for a better future? Does he really has 10 great years left? If he has 4 or 5 years...he really thinks this team is headed in the right way?

Reactions: bluetib and VAN-HAB

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Just wondering....what kind of a competitor are you when you sign while having no ****ing clue where this team is headed? The guy is so disconnected from this market....all great to know that you were just given the biggeste contract ever....but as a competitor, you would not accept 1M$ less for a better future? Does he really has 10 great years left? If he has 4 or 5 years...he really thinks this team is headed in the right way?

$70 million guarenteed dollars. How does any human, knowing what the market is for goalies turn that down. You can argue he sold out forsure, but if that’s on the table you would be clinically insane to decline. Price is here because he had a desperate GM who thinks a goalie can turn any terrible team into a playoff team, which seems to be all Molson cares about. Well they guessed wrong. Very wrong.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Just wondering....what kind of a competitor are you when you sign while having no ****ing clue where this team is headed? The guy is so disconnected from this market....all great to know that you were just given the biggeste contract ever....but as a competitor, you would not accept 1M$ less for a better future? Does he really has 10 great years left? If he has 4 or 5 years...he really thinks this team is headed in the right way?
In his defense, when he signed his deal Radulov and Markov were still on the roster.

Reactions: VAN-HAB

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Carey Price knows Habs fans will turn on him when he has a stinker of a game just like they turned on him once when he was sharing the nets with Jaraslav Halak and Bob Gainey was the general manager (that night the fans gave Price the raspberries and in return, he raised his goalie stick and blocker glove to the fans a la Patrick Roy).

Gainey made the right decision to keep Price and trade Halak.

Price wanted the largest contract for a goalie and he wouldn’t give Montreal a home discount. He is not a team player. He visibly blasted his defencemen whenever they gave up more than two goals in a game. He has smashed his goalie’s stick against the goal posts unlike the gentleman Martin Brodeur.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
$70 million guarenteed dollars. How does any human, knowing what the market is for goalies turn that down. You can argue he sold out forsure, but if that’s on the table you would be clinically insane to decline. Price is here because he had a desperate GM who thinks a goalie can turn any terrible team into a playoff team, which seems to be all Molson cares about. Well they guessed wrong. Very wrong.
Price signed for $84M guaranteed, not a measly $70M.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Owner Geoff Molson’s goals are to have every seat in the Bell Centre occupied by a fanny and to sell beer especially in La Belle Province. A winning team accomplishes both goals. Winning the Stanley Cup would be a bonus.

Marc Bergevin and Michel Therrien didn’t like PK Subban and were opposed to paying PK $9M for eight seasons and Molson should have fired Bergey instead of trading Subban.

Molson should not have gone along with Bergevin paying Carey Price $84M for eight seasons.

The main culprit is Geoff Molson who thinks Bergey is doing a good job despite the poor results.

Last edited:

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna
Price hasn’t been great this year. He looks like he gave up. However he has the worst defence in front of him, absolutely the worst. It’s a f***ing joke of a defense, that’s what it is.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
It’s $70 million in signing bonuses which means even if you buy him out, he still gets paid that. You’re not well researched, are you?
I stand corrected. So, if the Canadiens released Price any time before or after his new contract begins, Price gets the full $70M.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Price hasn’t been great this year. He looks like he gave up. However he has the worst defence in front of him, absolutely the worst. It’s a ****ing joke of a defense, that’s what it is.

Bergey thought free agent Karl Alzner would upgrade the Habs’ defence.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Tonight, the equally putrid Senators tied the Habs in points. Being that the Sens are a major disappointment this season, still, miserly Eugene Melnyk extended Pierre Doirion’s contract so Doirion can guide the team’s rebuild going forward. Marc Bergevin can take comfort that with 4.25 years left in his contract, Molson will likely follow in Melnyk’s footsteps and retain his general manager.

BadHabit

Mar 29, 2006
Canada

What other option did he have? Play a full year not signed and risk injury? Ask for a trade and hope MB does it, knowing it will sink the team? Refuse to play and have the press and public hate on him, then try to sign elsewhere looking like a troublemaker?

Or go to MB, ask for the moon, and sign the papers? Then if it doesn't work out, play your way out of their favour and hope they trade you?

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I think Price is going to be traded before his new deal kicks in just like PK, he has checked out of here, it's not injury, it's not technique but simply a guy that has moved on. I would move Niemi at the deadline if possible and call up Lindgren and play him more than Price. There is no sense in risking injury to Price and have him out there giving a half assed effort. I am a Price fan but his disinterest is too obvious.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
What other option did he have? Play a full year not signed and risk injury? Ask for a trade and hope MB does it, knowing it will sink the team? Refuse to play and have the press and public hate on him, then try to sign elsewhere looking like a troublemaker?

Or go to MB, ask for the moon, and sign the papers? Then if it doesn't work out, play your way out of their favour and hope they trade you?
Well, Steven Stamkos (younger than Carey Price) chose a different route. Stamkos didn’t resign until he was a FA and gave Tampa Bay a home discount at $8M per season whereas Montreal City lover Carey Price did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad