PTO: [CAR] F Sam Gagner to sign PTO with the Hurricanes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
H
I did a joke the other day about the NHL eventually expanding to 40 teams so Sam Gagner can keep finding a job in the NHL in 10 years.

I think this process has started already.
He made a decision 5-6 years ago, to commit himself to playing in the bottom 6, and it’s earned him a contract every year. Teams can do a lot worse than having Sam as your 12th/13th forward.

His issue isn’t finding a spot even. It’s trying to chase a Cup in this situation. You can bet he’s had offers from bottom teams, but he wants a shot at a Cup still. So he plays the PTO game every year. Can’t blame him.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Hope he makes it and wish Sam the best, but he probably won’t make it, the wheels can’t keep up. Especially in the Canes system.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
H

He made a decision 5-6 years ago, to commit himself to playing in the bottom 6, and it’s earned him a contract every year. Teams can do a lot worse than having Sam as your 12th/13th forward.

His issue isn’t finding a spot even. It’s trying to chase a Cup in this situation. You can bet he’s had offers from bottom teams, but he wants a shot at a Cup still. So he plays the PTO game every year. Can’t blame him.

While that’s a nice sentiment and I have a massive amount of admiration for the guy I don’t think that’s the case. I think a PTO is all he’s getting these days.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The man, the myth, the legend... Haha..

Gotta hand it to Gagner, for an "under sized one dimensional" player he has certainly stuck around the NHL and carved out a heck of a career. I'm happy to see him still going.

Hes been demoted to the AHL a handful of times and that hasn't deterred him. Thats true love for the game.

Reactions: luiginb

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
He's probably an amazing guy. Can't have enough of those. Better have one of them that has a role to fill than a Juha Lind or Ian Moran who should have stuck with something else than hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad