Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] F Jesperi Kotkaniemi signs extension with Hurricanes (8 years, $4.82M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
Lehkonen just scored in OT and send the Avs to the Final. 1st + 3rd + 6M, the Canes could have Lehkonen and another asset for the playoff. Then they could resign Lehkonen after the playoff. This would have been much better for the Canes.

Fledgemyhedge

Apr 24, 2014
bob
Lehkonen just scored in OT and send the Avs to the Final. 1st + 3rd + 6M, the Canes could have Lehkonen and another asset for the playoff. Then they could resign Lehkonen after the playoff. This would have been much better for the Canes.
I think we got a great return but what a pickup for the avs. Hope he hoists the cup

Reactions: HabsQC

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022

Lehkonen was traded for Justin Barron and a 2nd round pick in 2024. He had a much lower Cap hit than Max Domi who the Canes traded for at the deadline. Kotkaniemi's acquisition had absolutely zero factor in whether or not they acquired Lehkonen.

Your comparison is stupid.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
If the habs weren't garbage they could have kept Lehkonen.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
If the habs weren't garbage they could have kept Lehkonen.

The Habs could have kept Lehkonen either way. All the reporting from Friedman, Seravalli and others was that MTL would be happy to either sign Lehkonen to an extension, or trade him if they receive a really great offer. Barron and a 2nd is a very solid offer.

And no, I'm not a MTL fan. I just actually know what I'm talking about and don't just make shit up.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
Hows that 8 year extension looking so far?

Genuinely asking, I dont follow the Canes.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
He's playing almost 18mins a night, which is a positive, but slow start this year. Last year he scored at 15g pace.

He's overpaid but young.
He's getting minutes, thats great then. It means he holds his own defensively. Hoping his floor is something like a Eller in terms of production. Also hoping his release is better, that was the one thing I hated about his game

Primetime8

Oct 10, 2014
Columbia, SC
Hows that 8 year extension looking so far?

Genuinely asking, I dont follow the Canes.

His point production doesn’t really show his importance. He is winning faceoffs and centering a line with Necas and Svech, both of whom are putting up great numbers to start the year. He gets to the dirty areas and creates space for those 2 guys. He has been better than expected so far this year.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Kotkaniemi is centering Carolina's only productive 5v5 line. He is among the top in the NHL in faceoff % and on one of the best lines in the NHL this season. Svechnikov has 7 goals and 9 points in 6 games. Necas has 8 points.
He’s more or less what Staal was at 2C for us and 1.2m cheaper. He doesn’t get the points, but he’s doing his part in the dot, and helping Svech and Necas get open.

Last edited:
Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Imagine paying basically 5 millions for 8 years to a 15+25 guy who is not even elite defensively...

You'll have to wait until he's 25 to know for sure what kind of center he is. Big centers often take until then to reach their ceiling.

He's 22.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
You'll have to wait until he's 25 to know for sure what kind of center he is. Big centers often take until then to reach their ceiling.

He's 22.
And that’s still the production of Jordan Staal at 1.2m less, playing the long game, but with RBA coaching him, he can be the next Jordan Staal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad